King John was a CUNT

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
DISCUSS!

John-of-England.jpg

CONFIRMED by Maid Marian & her Merry Men, which is good enough for me.
I've only recently discovered Robin Hood was set about a century later than Richard the Lionheart and King John.

He taxed widows for getting remarried. If they couldn't pay, he'd take their property.
I quite love this running theme throughout British history where every monarch was an absolute arsehole. They weren't even necessarily despots, just pantomime villains.

I quite love this running theme throughout British history where every monarch was an absolute arsehole. They weren't even necessarily despots, just pantomime villains.
He's alleged to have murdered someone too!

While his brother gets all the glory for never spending any time in England and fighting Muslims.

Did you know he married an ELEVEN YEAR OLD?

Which was actually relatively common at the time, but what sets this act of noncery apart from the others is that he was ALREADY MARRIED to another woman, and then sent his new CHILD-BRIDE to his ex' house for her to raise.

Did you know he married an ELEVEN YEAR OLD?

Which was actually relatively common at the time, but what sets this act of noncery apart from the others is that he was ALREADY MARRIED to another woman, and then sent his new CHILD-BRIDE to his ex' house for her to raise.
He really was a treat.

He died of diarrhoea.

One guy wouldn't pay his ridiculous taxes, so John hunted him down and took all his property. The guy fled to France. In the meantime John arranged for the guys wife and children to be STARVED TO DEATH.

• Wow
Reactions: GNL
There really was something rather Trumpian about it all, except with pillage and murder.

Although they definitely have paedophilia in common.

Has anyone ever tried to recover the lost treasure? I feel like The Wash is a bit like England's Bermuda triangle.

Also no-one voluntarily goes to Norfolk.

"One local man thinks..." is usually the start of a sentence that leads to wasted Google searches and shattered dreams.

Has anyone ever tried to recover the lost treasure? I feel like The Wash is a bit like England's Bermuda triangle.

Also no-one voluntarily goes to Norfolk.
I feel like most of it's probably in the seabed in the North Sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom