User
Kirsty's best album :disco:

10 Innocence
10 Free World
08 Mother's Ruin
10 Days
09 No Victims
10 Fifteen Minutes
10 Don't Come The Cowboy With Me, Sonny Jim!
07 Tread Lightly
08 What Do Pretty Girls Do?
07 Dancing In Limbo
10 The End Of A Perfect Day
08 You And Me Baby

The jingle-jangle of it all starts to grate just ever so slightly towards the end and a well-chosen compilation or playlist is probably still the best way to hear her work but god if this doesn't have some HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited:
Titanic Days is by far her best long player for me - frustratingly not on Streaming.

This definitely has some huge highs though. Don't Come The Cowboy is just a wonderfully written song.

I don't really know the album, other than the singles and tracks she performed on the second series of French and Saunders.

Some boys with warm beds and cold, cold hearts
Can make you feel nothing at all
They'll never remember and they'll never mind
If you're counting the cracks in the wall
They're quick and they're greedy
They never feel guilty
They don't know the meaning of hurt
The boots just go back on
The socks that had stayed on
The next time they see you
They treat you like dirt

Sorry to quote such a long passage, but what a lyric.

‘Don’t Come The Cowboy With Me, Sonny Jim’ is a strong contender for my favourite opening line to any song ever. Just magnificent.

• Love
Reactions: GNL
I would have ‘Tropical Brainstorm’ as my favourite Kirsty album. I’m still angry that we never got a follow up.

Her mostly forgotten debut album and the early non-LP singles are really great too

Aside from the obvious like A New England and He's On The Beach, I'm particularly fond of this ridiculous b-side

What a queen

Top ten:

1. Soho Square
2. Don't Come The Cowboy With Me, Sonny Jim
3. Titanic Days
4. He's On The Beach
5. Free World
6. Walking Down Madison
7. You Know It's You
8. Angel
9. Days
10. Can't Stop Killing You

Yes, Kite is Kirsty's masterpiece. Even Steve Lillywhite admits that some of the musical settings for Electric Landlady were a mistake.

I don't know much about her music beyond Days, Elvis and Fairytale. I saw her on TOTP last night and was reminded of how utterly awful her death was.

Are they still selling The Stiff Singles Collection as "FLAC" files when they're really just 128kbps mp3s? I get that the vendors likely didn't receive WAV files back in 2005 but to convert the mp3s they had and to sell the "new files" as CD quality... its goes beyond bloody cheek.

I have Tropical Brainstorm and the singles set Galore and really enjoy both. I’ve always meant to play all the full studio albums but never got round to it. Maybe this week is the week.

Reactions: VoR
Definitely tempted to do one of these new-fangled sync listens when Titanic Days comes back online :disco:

Is "Touch Me" not on streaming? And the piano mix of "Angel"?

So it seems I forgot about my own Sync Listen party. Poor Kirsty just can't catch a break :(

However @jyxz the b-sides and remixes from the Titanic Days era are now available. *weeps to Dear John*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom