Spencer (Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana)

Queen of hearts or car crash?

• Total voters

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
Drama out in early 2021, called "Spencer". Directed by Pablo Larrain.

Kristen is a strange choice.

He also directed Jackie, hardly a traditional biopic, so I wouldn't expect a people-pleaser. Then again it was a critical success and did bag Natalie an Oscar nom.

I don’t care about the royals but I loved Jackie and Kristin is good so I’m interested.

I discovered the other day that Kristen Stewart and Emma Watson weren’t the same person. They don’t even look like each other but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any movie with any of them

Kristen Stewart is quite good - she's an odd casting choice but I can see her doing well.

Jackie was very good so hopefully this will be a winner too.

Kristen was the standout in the new Charlie’s Angels. Also hear Underwater was a good cheap horror movie.

Let’s hope she is as good as in “Personal Shopper” :disco:

I don’t care about the royals but I loved Jackie and Kristin is good so I’m interested.
Agreed on all three counts :D

Jackie was so good and properly off kilter. I haven't seen Kristen in much other than her arthouse stuff, but Clouds Of Sils Maria and Personal Assistant are both fantastic and she's great in them. I mean you can't ever tell what emotion she's experiencing but that's part of the fun...

Last edited:
Kristen is fab in Clouds of Sils Maria. She's a reliably good actor, but some people are never going to be on board with her brand of mumblecore and that's OK. She's better in indie films than attempting mainstream.

Kristen's nose could not be further from Di's, but here for the general LEWK

I couldn't care a iota for the ROYALES but if someone can bring bundles of SURLY ENNUI to the screen that's KRISTEN :disco:

There were three of us in this marriage so it was a bit crowded.

twilight.jpg

shoud've given her a prosthetic nose. higher chance of an OSCAR

2701.jpg
Gorge :disco:

Also can someone fix the thread title and add a poll?

• Wow
Reactions: COB
That looks better than expected but I can’t help but feel like we have seen it all before (in The Crown).

Presumably Tooting Chicken Shop won’t feature as prominently in this version.

Quite worrying that we only hear Kristen Stewart say two words in that trailer. If I were a cynic I'd say her accent must be shite.
I think they just know that is THE BIG QUESTION so they're saving the reveal for a later trailer. or maybe I'm just an optimist :D

there's been a lot of speculation that the film is actually really good, and Kristen is supposed to be giving the performance of her life, but it does seem to cover a lot of the same ground as The Crown...

That trailer is so shady. It makes Kristen seem either excellent or absolute trash and I can't tell LOL

I can't tell if this is poor or great timing with The Crown.

At this rate we're going to have to deal with Megan Fox as Diana in a Ryan Murphy British Royal Story or something.

Very positive reviews out of the Venice premier

At heart, of course, Larraín and Knight’s tale is utterly preposterous. It’s a tragedy about a spoiled princess who lashes out at the servants; a thriller about a woman who has only 10 minutes to get into her dress before Christmas dinner is served. But how else do you play it? The monarchy itself is preposterous. Spencer presents the whole institution as little more than a silly ongoing game of dress-up, a farce that depends for its survival on everyone playing along and propping up the illusion, the old moth-eaten brocade. Anybody who doesn’t is ostracised, crushed or cast out in the cold, with the scarecrow and the pheasants and the shivering security men. “Will they kill me, do you think?” says Diana, half-joking, and such is the level of fury and tension that just for a moment we believe that they might.

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom