Kylie appears on the new Tove Lo album

I absolutely detest the sound of Autotune, especially when it’s obviously there to cover up the fact that someone sings like a stuck pig. I remember when singers were singers, bleats on about the good old days until the point of death, etc.

I guess it's just me that loves this then? The chorus with its laid back 90s vibe is immense.

I love Ebba but she sounds so STRAINED on this. Kylie sounds especially ETHEREAL and PLEASANT next to her. The song is shit.

Suggesting that Kylie's squeak vocals are better than Tove's is some nonsense. I'm not convinced Kylie will ever sound great on record again. She's picked up so many awful habits.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit. It's a strange song, but it's a grower and has its own slinky nocturnal energy which I quite enjoy.

The way the first chorus begins with Kylie singing and subtly becomes a blend of their voices and ends with Tove without you even realising is quite clever :disco:

omg you guys, i think i love this song! probably just overexcited it doesn't sound like anything from the last album era (sans lost without you obvs).

anyway, here's the lyric video featuring ms kylie minogue (has she gone back to using her full name?).

Last edited:
This reminds me of a song the chorus is so similar but I can't put my finger on it!

Anyway, I like this, it's a nice step away from the Golden era sounding so current. Golden served her well but it's good to know she's still mixing it up

Lyric video? is it not just the actual video with subtitles :D

This is alright enough on first listen, their voices really meld together

Their voices really do work together indeed. It’s a shame the song just isn’t that exciting.

A compilation of Kylie Kollaborations would make for a spectacular album. She should make that the focus of the next Antitour and get all the duetters to join her for it.

I really like this. It is indeed a nice palate refresher from Golden and, quite frankly, not everything can be Timebomb.
Liking this post because the latter statement could not be more true AND applies to both artists who each have incredible bangers by that title :disco:

I really like this. It is indeed a nice palate refresher from Golden and, quite frankly, not everything can be Timebomb.
Pretty much.

Now that the dust has settled, Golden joins Aphrodite and KMO as three of my least favourite post-PWL Kylie albums.

But then in my opinion, Kylie's inconsistency as an album artist actually worked in her favour in the end in this day and age of streaming etc.

The chorus for this is quite the earworm.

Loving karaoke queen Kylie in the video too.

I have a lot of love for Golden. However it's nice to know she's not staying on a permanent country note. And yes her collaboration output down the years has been quite impressive.

I never enjoyed country Kylie like you lot did. The album was good but it's not one that I would go back to listen to.

I never ADORED Golden like I do other stuff, but I liked it enough and it a) grew on me and b) was the step up she needed after Kiss Me Once, both commercially and in terms of quality.

I don't think, however, she necessarily needs to "mix it up". She's not going to have a hit any time soon, no point chasing them...

I never ADORED Golden like I do other stuff, but I liked it enough and it a) grew on me and b) was the step up she needed after Kiss Me Once, both commercially and in terms of quality.

I don't think, however, she necessarily needs to "mix it up". She's not going to have a hit any time soon, no point chasing them...
It's nice to have a varied pop back catalogue.

It's nice to have a varied pop back catalogue.

I think you’re missing my point- the “mix it up” referred to Halli’s post about it sounding current. I took it to mean “mixing it up” with the kids, not changing her sound

Any indication where this is gonna end up chart wise? I really hope it blows up coz it’s the most current sounding song she’s put out in ages. I personally love it. Addictive!

Any indication where this is gonna end up chart wise? I really hope it blows up coz it’s the most current sounding song she’s put out in ages. I personally love it. Addictive!
Given their relative lack of profile, I'd have thought precisely NOWHERE.

As an album I prefer Kiss Me Once to Golden to be honest..
Yes. Golden had more of a vision/direction perhaps, but KMO has several 10/10 moments ("Feels so Good", "Sleeping with the Enemy", "Kiss Me Once") where Golden has NONE (IMO).

Golden (the song) is a 10. And Music's Too Sad is not too far behind. On balance I think it's a more necessary album than KMO but not necessarily a better one.

A compilation of Kylie Kollaborations would make for a spectacular album. She should make that the focus of the next Antitour and get all the duetters to join her for it.
Well it could be extensive, but THAT GOOD?: Tove Lo, Nick Cave, Jason Donovan, Jake Shears/ Niles Rogers, Jimmy Little, Hurts, Towa Tei, Flight Facilities, Taio Cruz, Sam Sparro, Keith Washington, Robbie Williams, Pet Shop Boys, Coldplay, Jack Savoretti, Giorgio Moroder, Shaggy, Garibay, Sigala, Dannii Minogue, Mika, James Cordon...

I think Golden is the better album overall, but I prefer the highs of KMO. Unfortunately KMO also has a few stinkers and lacks coherence though.

I enjoyed Golden Tour more than KMO Tour

I acknowledge that Golden is more cohesive and well crafted than KMO

I enjoyed the Golden era and promo (and indeed the commercial success, longevity and overall execution including Glasto) over the disastrous KMO era ("I Was Gonna Cancel" video anyone?)

I loved the Golden physical formats (and reissue) over the basicness of KMO

etc.

But I'd still soon listen to the KMO album over Golden.

I don't get the criticism of Kiss Me Once at all. I much prefer it to the album that came before it.

Golden is on par for me. I wouldn't say it is better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom