Kylie Auldist - This Is What Happiness Looks Like

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
My OTHER favourite Australian Kylie has a new album out. Honestly she hasn’t been on my radar for ages but just found it by typing in “Kylie” and leaving out the Minogue on Amazon Music. This is fabulous.

Of course with a huge 80s throwback sound, totally different from her other work:

Reactions: RJN
Is It Fun? IS fabulous and she looks like such a fun person in that live video. What album of hers would you start with?

Is It Fun? IS fabulous and she looks like such a fun person in that live video. What album of hers would you start with?

Her first two albums are great called Just Say and Made of Stone. Made of Stone has dated a bit better than the first as it was very 60s/70s Funk inspired

Reactions: RJN
Thanks!

I see from Wikipedia that she did the vocals for this, one of the best dance hits from the past few years.

Absolutely loving this. Is it fun was on my shortlist for ASFM

I still need to listen to the album. I shall report back. I’m confused why she’s never been on my radar before.

I’m here for a law which states that only one person in the world should be called Kylie

IT’S BAD ENOUGH WITH THAT JENNER WOMAN

I’m quite intrigued by this but only one Kylie is getting my attention this week.

I mean it nicely of course. I never use AWFUL if I think they‘re genuinely awful. I put that sort on IGNORE :disco:

I still need to listen to the album. I shall report back. I’m confused why she’s never been on my radar before.
She kind of got lost amongst the whole 60s throwback explosion of 2007/2008. I discovered her just randomly on the radio along with Sharon Jones but no one was ever interested when I’d mentioned her in the past :(

I’m definitely not interested in revisiting that era. But if the new album is like the singles then I’m already invested and I’m curious about the 70s funk stuff too.

Holy SHIT this album is MAGNIFICENT!

Chaka Khan meets Stephanie Mills meets Patrice Rushen meets Evelyn King

everyone needs to listen this album immediately (if you like 80s funk / diva pop)

Last edited:
Honestly if someone had sent me this album link without me knowing anything, I would just say the album was actually from the mid 80s. The production is SO on point.

Honestly I’ve had it on repeat for two days straight. I love it.

It turns out that her previous album Family Tree from 2016, which is the one I didn’t even know about is also in the whole Disco/Funk style too!

I'm going to check out all her albums. Doesn't sound I'll care for the debut but the other two I will definitely be investigating. The album artwork is a joy as well. She is living for the 80s funk revival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom