Kylie - Magic

Weren't Say Hey running a campaign not to buy it until tomorrow so it counts next week?

They won't be happy!

Whoops! I lobbed a bit of charity Kylie's way and bought it and Say Something. No chance I'm buying it again tomorrow.

One’s from the album, one’s the 4:10 version released as part of the Magic single package and the other is the single edit
Tell me the 4:10 version is the most successful Nance!

Tell me the 4:10 version is the most successful Nance!
It is. The 4:10 version from the deluxe album is currently at 3. The 3:34 single version is at 9 and the other at 43 is also the 4:10 version from the standard album.

Sorry, my earlier post was slightly incorrect. The versions at 3 and 43 are from the deluxe and standard albums. The version at 9 is the single version. There’s no 4:10 version available as part of a Magic single package.

I apologise for any confusion caused.

Sorry, my earlier post was slightly incorrect. The versions at 3 and 43 are from the deluxe and standard albums. The version at 9 is the single version. There’s no 4:10 version available as part of a Magic single package.

I apologise for any confusion caused.

Now THAT is how you do an apology.

WHO on earth could you be talking about :eyes:

6a00d8341c730253ef0120a5e8cd55970b.jpg

Reactions: SDF
Sophie Muller certainly likes her filters, doesn't she?

Like Say Something, it's messy but a bit better at least.

It’s still really, really cheap looking. Even moreso than Say Something, which was at least going for a vintage, lo-fi look. This has all the cinematography of a Liberty X video.

I'm not sure Say Something was going for that look actually! :D

What I find strange about this is that Kylie seemingly morphs into Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface for the second verse...

This song is OK, but it's very much a fairly basic pastiche of disco music, where Say Something felt like more of an interpretation of disco through a very Kylie lens, if that makes any sense at all.

her SHARP BOB CUT during the second verse is stunning, but for some jarring reason the cinematography in those scenes is about 394x cheaper and looks like they forgot to colour grade it.

It’s fine if a bit dull. Say Something was MUCH better, and significantly more stirring

Incidentally, I’m as old as time and I find it extraordinary that ANYONE is still concerned about the day of release impacting negatively on her chart positions. As if it means ANYTHING these days! It’s more or less based on any old cack that ends up on an oft-repeated Spotify playlist which people vaguely listen to while they’re wiping their arse, having a jaunty perm at the salon or feeding the spaniel. I MEAN REALLY!

her SHARP BOB CUT during the second verse is stunning, but for some jarring reason the cinematography in those scenes is about 394x cheaper and looks like they forgot to colour grade it.

Perhaps it's because they REALLY do want Kylie to look like Elvira in that bit or maybe it's just because Sophie Muller is a tired director...

"In Your Eyes" video and "Slow" promo performances say hi. Look them both up, and how reductive of you @Edward not to point out those references before thinking of disco stick whatever the hell that is.

I'm old. I forget things.

Can we please stop dismissing the brilliance that is Say Something when you all know you'll be drooling over it in a year or so (as you were last month)?

Anyway, I haven't listened to this yet but am excited to.

Finally got a chance to listen to this and watch the video. I think this is FAR more instant than Say Something and more radio friendly too, let's see how this does on the radio.

I like the video too, I mean it's on a budget, but A- We are still in a pandemic and B - While she is a big name she is not exactly Dua Lipa level of sales, so she will be limited to what she can do.

Overall, my interest is piqued for the album!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom