Kylie - Magic

Eddie

User
Single no.2 from Disco.

Might as well get in there first.

Video directed by Sophie Muller (again). Filmed in a famous London club.

I could be wrong but I think this might be the one written by the team behind GOMW.

Do we know what genre it will be

source.gif

:angel:

Single no.2 from Disco.

Might as well get in there first.

Video directed by Sophie Muller (again). Filmed in a famous London club.

I hope it's the Marylebone Cricket Club.

She's teased it on her Spotify playlist. Looks like it's coming this Friday:

EXCITING :disco:

And a Get Outta My Way to Say Something's All The Lovers would work for me.

Confirmed to have been co-written by Teemu Brunila.

Last edited:
Plus two of the writers behind GOMW and an American for good measure.

some of that crew co-wrote Never Really Over and 365 for Katy. more worringly the other two did Million Miles and Sexy Love for Kylie :eyes:

both of them did! I quite like Love.

Kylie really needs to start switching up her collaborators though. too many tired old names who are presumably just cheap. Keep Biff and Steve Anderson, and then use a decent A&R to connect with songwriters who are coming up. I'm guessing BMG doesn't have much of an A&R budget...

Love is great.

Steve Anderson doesn't write with her on her recorded output anymore. There's a fascinating recent interview with him on YouTube where he basically states he is not involved in that side of things and no longer expects to be.

I think Jon Green (Lost Without You, Radio On) is a great new addition. She was the one who introduced him to Biff on this record and then they came up with Say Something.

I could do with the next album being less Sky Adams heavy. Be thankful for small mercies though - at least she's given Karen Poole the boot!

Is Kylie making these using her instagram filters?
I don’t like it to be honest.

Is Kylie making these using her instagram filters?
I don’t like it to be honest.
Possibly, but I'd rather that than the return of Wee Willie Baker.

Fingers crossed the song delivers as much as "Say Something" which I can't get enough of months later.

And why THURSDAY again?
I think as was said around the release of Say Something, it doesn't really matter for her. She's not going to get a streaming hit off of it and this sort of saves it being lost in a total rush.

I think as was said around the release of Say Something, it doesn't really matter for her. She's not going to get a streaming hit off of it and this sort of saves it being lost in a total rush.
the "it'll get lost with the new Friday releases" thing is a bit of a myth. A fanbase act like Kylie will have people seeking it out on Friday and she'll be on New Music Friday one way or another. so releasing it on Thursday really only loses sales from the full tracking week / results in coming in about 20 chart places lower than she otherwise would, which gives the press negative ammo to run as headlines. It's a stupid strategy.

Why not just give it a radio premiere on Thursday and release it to Spotify on Friday?

Truly baffling.

Why not just give it a radio premiere on Thursday and release it to Spotify on Friday?

Truly baffling.
Because it's 2020 hun and when a song premieres it has to be available to stream. Nobody with half a clue radio premieres a song that is not on Spotify for another 24 hours.

the "it'll get lost with the new Friday releases" thing is a bit of a myth. A fanbase act like Kylie will have people seeking it out on Friday and she'll be on New Music Friday one way or another. so releasing it on Thursday really only loses sales from the full tracking week / results in coming in about 20 chart places lower than she otherwise would, which gives the press negative ammo to run as headlines. It's a stupid strategy.
Fair enough but I don't think negative press is really going to be a factor. No one's looking for Kylie to chart highly these days and wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

It's one thing to not care about not having a hit. But this feels almost like sabotage now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom