Kylie - Magic

It's ok. I'd give it a 7.5 but I do think it IS single material because of its broader appeal.

Not sure I fully understand people wetting their pants over it though

Again, not massively enamoured with the video either.

Weren't you a bit meh about Say Something too? Not looking good for the album as far as lolly's concerned.

Perhaps only very initially. I think I gave it an 8 straight out the gate. It's borderline 10 now.

I'm popping it at an 8. It has that classic Kylie joy to it and just feels so effortless.

The build up in the chorus is the best and most 'Kylie' aspect of it but even though I'm normally a big a fan of her falsetto, in this case it seems to disrupt the momentum somewhat.

I know I harp on about it but the videos have been below par for me. Why is she so snarly in that hooded outfit in Magic? She looks borderline pissed off. Doesn't match the mood of the lyrics.

I will say though that this song has the potential to grow whereas Wow the other most basic of Kylie bops, remains mediocre at best.

They are probably on a par at this stage for me. But early days and all that.

I like Wow :D

The way you rush (RUSH)

I've no idea why she flogs it to death at her live shows though, the housewife contingent must love it.

I like Wow :D

The way you rush (RUSH)

I've no idea why she flogs it to death at her live shows though, the housewife contingent must love it.

It's still used in a national TV advertising campaign which only adds to the cringe factor.

i'm really disappointed by this single. it's a nice enough song but it's so basic and dated it pretty much screams eurovision and that video is almost as embarrassing as the all i see one.
it's like she's a mcdonald's that needs to put out a new burger this quarter.

what a disappointment following the wonderful say something (studio version).

:D do you have an aversion to the acoustic SS? I prefer the studio one too as it goes.

:D do you have an aversion to the acoustic SS? I prefer the studio one too as it goes.

i like the acoustic version, it's pretty but i would never choose to play it over the studio version. i was voicing my distaste for the live performance...

Wow wipes Magic, but does Magic have a live performance bringing together natural enemies High Art Gays and High Street Gays? Not yet. Not yet.

This has grown on me SO much over the weekend. The chopped up verses in the single version annoy me though.

No.44 in the midweeks which means it's doing a little bit better than Say Something.

Doesn't really matter though because no doubt she will be out of the top 75 come Friday.

It should be around 70-85 on Friday depending how streaming holds up. Would've likely been top 50 if released on Friday - still such a STUPID strategy

they think releasing the song a day earlier "gives it more exposure" / means she doesn't have to compete with bigger names on Friday. but i don't really buy it, and it loses a whole day of sales from the most eager of the fanbase who buy it first day.

Just release on a Friday and stop this nonsense

Don't most "sales" come from streaming anyway? So she misses out on all those curious first day streamers. Don't understand the strategy at all.

I'm guessing for an act like Kylie they don't.

I don’t understand the strategy either, unless it's to purposely to sabotage any chance of a small hit.

65 in today's mids so it should go top 75 tomorrow.

we can close that Say Something vs Magic poll now because the CHARTS have SPOKEN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom