Kylie Minogue - Marry The Night (Lady Gaga cover) - OUT NOW

This version does confirm that the middle-eight is still one of the greatest of all time. Even KM's paper-thin vox can't deny it of its innate chaotic power.

Kylie covering this when it was supposed to be an LGBTQ+ set of artist versions does feel a bit like a white-passing Arab posting a black person in a GIF tho.
I read the announcement as saying “Featuring six reimaginings of the album's songs by artists representing and advocating for the LGBTQIA+ community”

Reactions: COB
I read the announcement as saying “Featuring six reimaginings of the album's songs by artists representing and advocating for the LGBTQIA+ community”
Great. I can't wait for Mariah's reading of Black Jesus + Amen Fashion dedicated to the Legendary, Gorgeous, Beautiful, Tantalising, Quality community

I've played this at least ten times. It's totally an instant dopamine hit and then forgotten.

giphy.gif

Gay, straight... Who needs labels anyway!! I've never liked them. Kylie does this justice.

This was quite a morning pick me up. What a tremendous gay day.

The second verse is the best part I think, when Kylie breaks free of the vocal effects a bit.

No.20 on US iTunes. Surely that's as good as it gets for Kylie!

Up to 18, and I'm only down $1000

I never liked the original that much and I think I prefer this.
1. I prefer Kylie to Lady Gaga pretty much always
2. I think the more straight-forward gay energy of this fits me more than the "chaotic" energy of the original

It's a pretty boring song no matter who sings it
it is essentially the most boring song on BTW indeed, other than Electric Chapel (which I love) and Highway Unicorn. Kylie does inject some energy though.

Reactions: RJN
I find BORING a weird word to attach to any Gaga song. But if we're going there, Government Hooker for me. Or Black Jesus, but I don't really know her.

In fact do we know if the bonus tracks have made it into the reimagined album?

Judas reminagined is a lot of fun!

Reactions: COB
It just doesn't go anywhere for me, in any form. Starts off promising enough, but just sort of chugs along.

My feelings on the Born This Way album are well documented anyway. I think it's by and large pretty rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom