Kylie - Say Something

so here's the behind the scenes of Say Something's video shoot

despite the obvious and completely unignorable fact that she's repulsively bloated, these are really some of her best looks in God knows how many years - it's such a shame that they over edited the video because this raw footage is so gorgeous and it would've been a real classic if left alone (and a great introduction to Kylie's obesity era)

The accompanying i-D interview is also brilliant and a complete distillation of what makes her so great.

She seems so unfazed by cool collaborators and keeping up with the Joneses and is just content making music the way she wants to...that you can't help but be happy for her.

despite the obvious and completely unignorable fact that she's repulsively bloated, these are really some of her best looks in God knows how many years - it's such a shame that they over edited the video because this raw footage is so gorgeous and it would've been a real classic if left alone (and a great introduction to Kylie's obesity era)

Sophie Muller is not a great pop promo director.

Sophie Muller is not a great pop promo director.
Erm “Murder on the Dancefloor” is amazing for starters. There’s tonnes of great videos looking at wiki ? :confused:

She certainly WAS capable of great videos. I don’t know enough of her recent output to pass comment, but to say she never has been would clearly be nonsense.

In fact I was mainly thinking of her work with Shakespear's Sister, and completely forgot she was responsible for Beethoven (I Love To Listen To), genuinely one of the best videos ever made.

Well of late she has lost her touch. Dancing was almost as messy. And let's not talk about the Golden video.

Perhaps she just doesn't work particularly well with Kylie.

Well of late she has lost her touch. Dancing was almost as messy. And let's not talk about the Golden video.

Maybe BUDGET is the issue with Kylie these days really?

Yeah I prefer Kylie's videos with Dawn Shadforth generally anyway...

Sidebar: I've now gone off this song a bit. It didn't really have staying power for me. :(

Roll on single 2.

I haven't gone off it at all but I have listened to it less.

I know I've harped on about it but I wish the video had replay value. At least with Dancing there was something coherent to look at. Messy sparkles don't really do it for me.

Oh and I had to chuckle at Ann Marie thinking she was doing something uniquely different with her acoustic version about a week after Kylie had dropped hers.

I had a good 10 days off (not really intentionally) before listening again earlier this week, and I still love it. I don't think it'll end up troubling my all time Kylie top ten, but I do think it's a worthy addition to her pantheon of great singles.

I think it absolutely IS in my top 10 and though I loved Golden as an album, nothing from that set would feature in it, so that says everything really.

According to Wiki he's remixed Eurovision's Victor Crone, ASFM's Greyson Chance and Matoma.

To be fair also Clean Bandit, Katy Perry, Ava Max and Pink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom