Kylie - Say Something

It's a good thing I have massive love for this song because...I'm not loving any of the visuals thus far.

It feels like she tried to do what Miley is doing and erm fell flat. And who is making these stylistic choices? If it's her, she needs to have a word with herself.

Oh and I'm really not sure on the mimed vs live debate. There's an obvious delay on the Youtube video.

Her enunciation on this version is much clearer.

a little annoyed by her skipping the chorus. if the whole thing is mimed might as well mime that part?

she looks breathtaking.

I mean, it’s absolutely not, in the classical sense, “live.”

She’s done what all the VMA performers did and filmed the performance several times and edited together, so I presume the “as live” vocal was recorded at the start of the process.

I mean, it’s absolutely not, in the classical sense, “live.”

She’s done what all the VMA performers did and filmed the performance several times and edited together, so I presume the “as live” vocal was recorded at the start of the process.

This is my feeling too. In fact you can clearly see that the recording is not a single take.

Although “as live” is probably a bit charitable too because it really sounds like it’s been tidied up in a studio.

Everyone’s at it right now though.

It’s most likely going to be her only televised performance of the song.

It sounds like she was lip syncing to a live recording she did in the car ride there. I would have liked a deeper effect to it. That did make it a bit limp, and yet with the posturing making me wish she kept it going to give us Some Kind of Bliss, but with side strutting, I still enjoyed it.

It feels like its moment has passed to be honest.

Yes, I know the circumstances are different but Dancing definitely had better legs - from memory she was still performing it even when Stop Me From Falling was 'the single'.

to me WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA- is the chorus and s-S-S-Say something is the post-chorus.

i don't think the fallon performance worked to be honest. if the objective was to grab someone from the first listen, i don't think it succeeded.

i still like the song (a lot). haven't unheard the radio gaga-ness yet though.

Are we meant to know a Mike? lolly to confirm.

Anyway, it's nice but I wish she would skip the whispered parts. As in the acoustic version I don't think they work as well as on the original.

Also I do hope she doesn't rely on this version in live concerts too - in the way she very rarely seems to perform the uptempo version of I Believe In You. The original is the best.

Magic seems to be off to a decent start on Spotify - it should end its first (8 day) week tomorrow with around 1.4m streams - I think Say Something was maybe like 1.7m or something, so for a second single the drop-off has only been slight.

Say Something has 6.8m so far which is really good.

It's going to be absolutely RINSED on radio as well

Come thru magic fm

The listing for the Japanese import of the album on Amazon mentions the F9 remix of Say Something being a bonus track. Might have been nice if they'd released that a couple of months ago.

I always return to Rufus Wainwright's 'gay shorthand for joy' comment. She's an absolute gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom