• Clive Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jess Phillips

• Barry Gardiner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My MP is HEDGING HIS BETS RATHER SAFELY and going on a STARMER-RAYNER ticket.

In fairness, considering his performance in the election, he's got to be looking at a promotion of some sort, so he'll want to be on the winning team.

Ker-ching. Somehow, he’s the new Shadow Defence Secretary for the time being.

I see Momentum (unsurprisingly) came out for RLB yesterday.

If at first you don’t succeed, fail and fail again...

I saw a thing this morning that Long Bailey is anti-choice. Seems odd for Momentum to back that...

She’s a Catholic Corbynista.

I can’t think of any way she is remotely a good choice.

Reactions: VoR
96ZZwHN.jpg

Is the WINDOW still OPEN? I'LL PAY £25 FOR THAT

The Lib Dems have postponed their leadership change until May. Wouldn't be surprised if it's because they want to see if Labours pick is someone they can potentially work with. If its RLB, forget it, but I feel like Starmer would be open to some type of cooperation. Not that it will make much difference at the next election though though :(

Why is Em even bothering! Who’s trimming her hedge whilst she insists on pursuing this farce?

Reactions: Zu
The Lib Dems have postponed their leadership change until May. Wouldn't be surprised if it's because they want to see if Labours pick is someone they can potentially work with. If its RLB, forget it, but I feel like Starmer would be open to some type of cooperation. Not that it will make much difference at the next election though though :(

I really think it could actually. Put together the Labour and Lib Dem votes and you suddenly have more votes than the Tories, marginally. But more importantly, the number of seats where if you combine Labour and Lib Dem votes together and beat the Tories would produce nothing short of a landslide. To beat the Tories at the moment, those two parties need to start thinking radical (and by radical I don't mean far left Long-Bailey you numpty).

I can't ever see either party agreeing to a full blown electoral pact, sadly.

All 4 women have had quite negative press stories about them recently - Rebecca Long Bailey about her anti-abortion stance, Lisa Nandy about comparing Scotland to Catalonia, Jess Phillips about her funding by a property company who were criticised for not doing enough for affordable housing, and Emily Thornberry about claiming to be very poor while living in a £1m house. Keir Starmer has escaped relatively unscathed for the moment.

Some people are saying this is due to the other candidates being women, who usually have a harder time in the press, but it could also be because all four are fucking shite.

Jess Phillips has also come out and said it would be embarrassing if Keir Starmer won over any of the four women, and called for him to 'pass the mic' and stand down. :eyes:

Jess Phillips sat down with Juno Dawson for Pink News this week. I always find it refreshing when politicians actually have rational discussions with people who have opposing views to them.

Anyway for those interested in her alleged TERFyness and other problematic issues, I think it's a good discussion. I don't agree with her on everything, but I do like that she generally attempts to answer the question rather than the usual politican waffle.

Full interview here: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/01/...gender-rights-juno-dawson-pinknews-interview/

TBH I think this was a bit shortsighted. A more pennywise mum would’ve boiled ‘em up and made furry mittens for the children. Dinner and Christmas sorted :disco:

Remember, a dog is not just for Christmas. With a bit of luck, there should be enough left over for sandwiches on Boxing Day.

My kiddies love them some oxtail soup at Christmas. Well, they think it’s ox. “Doggy had a tail yesterday? Oh darlings DON’T BE SO SILLY!” :disco:

Jess Phillips OUT

I'll say this for her - she had the bottle to admit she didn't have the support needed. As much as this was obvious, she could have fudged it and gone down the "family"/"online abuse" road and tried to martyr herself.
Also, I have to acknowledge that she at least sat down with Juno Dawson and answered some of the charges against her re: TERF/SWERF affiliations. Suggests she might actually have some principles. If only those principles weren't largely shit.

Ladbrokes odds

Starmer 2/5
Long-Bailey 4/1
Nandy 6/1
Thornberry 50/1

I'll say this for her - she had the bottle to admit she didn't have the support needed. As much as this was obvious, she could have fudged it and gone down the "family"/"online abuse" road and tried to martyr herself.
Also, I have to acknowledge that she at least sat down with Juno Dawson and answered some of the charges against her re: TERF/SWERF affiliations. Suggests she might actually have some principles. If only those principles weren't largely shit.

I'm not sure if this about bottle considering she was horrible in the first hustings.

Lisa Nandy is the last thing Labour need. If they want to win an election, they need to regain more than just the red wall in the North - they need seats in Scotland too.

After her comments about independence, she sounded completely ignorant of the issues. If anything, Lisa winning would be another nail in the coffin for Scottish Labour.

Scotland is lost, at least for the near future. In ideal world Labour would make inroads everywhere, but in a realistic world, it needs to take back the red wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom