Labour: The Keir Starmer years

Sir Keir's won - are you happy with this outcome?

• Total voters
The only surprise here is who broke ranks first, not the transphobia with which, as I've previously said, Labour are absolutely happy to allow within their ranks.

Reactions: COB
Ooh. Kier doing a live press conference and seems to be going into attack mode, which is probably a good thing for him.

I'm not sure you can call it a 'circuit breaker' if you're suggesting keeping schools open (which, with universities, seems to be the main cause of the massive uptick of cases - or at least that's the case here), but I'm glad Labour are speaking up and suggesting we actually 'follow the science'.

I'm not sure you can call it a 'circuit breaker' if you're suggesting keeping schools open (which, with universities, seems to be the main cause of the massive uptick of cases - or at least that's the case here), but I'm glad Labour are speaking up and suggesting we actually 'follow the science'.

It would be over half term, so not a big deal in terms of setting the kids back. I'd be down for it, as long as I can still move house.

It's hospitality that's the main cause, isn't it?

There's a lot of evidence to suggest kids, especially those under 12, don't really spread the disease. So I think keeping schools open wouldn't affect numbers significantly. Universities however seem a different kettle of fish! Infection numbers there are insane.

But co insiding with half term is a great idea.

It's hospitality that's the main cause, isn't it?

Figure 20 :david: of the weekly report suggests that over the last few weeks education settings had overtaken care homes as the main place shit was going down (paraphrasing Public Health England there), with hospitality considerably further down the list behind workplaces and care homes.

BUT if it'd coincide with half term as pointed out above, that'd be out of the equation anyway!

there's absolutely no way that schools are more responsible for spreading the virus than hospitality. It's simply not possible. I wouldn't trust our government's report on ANYTHING.

Not sure if this is one for the Labour thread or the JK Rowling and her merry band of TERFs thread, but

This follows an earlier story about a member of staff who quit over her comments, and an op-ed in The Times from Duffield about how SILENCED she is.

(The earlier article, about a lesbian who quit over transphobic comments features the immortal line “at one point she even asked me if I knew Sandi Toksvig.":basil:)

Fuck knows but Liverpool Labour is about as close as you probably get to turn of the century IRISH MAFIA NEW YORK POLITICS in the Labour Party (the last Mayor, Joe Anderson, was in for about 10 years and just got disbarred from the position after getting arrested for corruption :D) so I could WELL imagine it isn't pretty for any of them!

Last edited:
He's just so DULL, has ZERO SPARK and worst of all looks like he'd say ANYTHING to get your vote.

I'd been sitting on the fence in terms of the poll because I really wanted to give him a chance. It doesn't matter that he's a bit more centrist than Corbyn, I wanted to see what impression he made and whether he was likely to be electable.

I'm very much a no now. We really really really should have elected ANY of the three female candidates. (Preferably Lisa "Cheeky" Nandos, but any of them would have done better)

I'd been sitting on the fence in terms of the poll because I really wanted to give him a chance. It doesn't matter that he's a bit more centrist than Corbyn, I wanted to see what impression he made and whether he was likely to be electable.

I'm very much a no now. We really really really should have elected ANY of the three female candidates. (Preferably Lisa "Cheeky" Nandos, but any of them would have done better)

I was very much prepared to give him a chance, after all everyone was claiming Corbyn was too radical so a nice centre left approach seemed like a good strategy.

On the back on his PMQs I expected him to be great at pulling apart Tory cock ups and blunders in public but he just seems incapable of capitalising on their weak spots.

I strongly disagree that Rebecca Long-Bailey would have done better, but yeah, after a decent start he's been increasingly disappointing.

I can understand his approach in a way, you don't want to look like you're throwing a spanner in the works every five minutes when there's a pandemic on, but he's just coming off as though he doesn't actually stand for anything at all. In terms of being less actively offensive to people than his predecessor, he's doing a great job. But he also needs to inspire, and I fear the moment has passed for him to be able to do that.

To be honest though, I also think Boris is just going to be Prime Minister for as long as he wants to be. Nothing sticks to him. I hate the cunt, but he has a charisma that literally nobody in the Labour party has.

I don't understand the Boris has charisma claim. Farage has charisma, even Rees Mogg, but Johnson is such a tit who occasionally quotes Latin.

I think he needs to go back to the focus group, because he's thrown every policy overboard and the ship's still sinking.

Reactions: COB
I can understand his approach in a way, you don't want to look like you're throwing a spanner in the works every five minutes when there's a pandemic on,
I disagree fundamentally with this. Johnson has overseen both one of the worst death tolls in the world AND one of the worst economic outcomes as well. It should really be dignified rage each and every time Starmer is at the despatch box. People respond to feelings more than facts, and Starmer is devoid of that.

Any of the other candidates would be able to channel the emotion that the opposition needs to have at this time to be successful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom