Lady Gaga - 911 (and its music video extravaganza)

I stomped in here with my no literature knowledge ass and I deserved it

I always thought she said “please patch the lie” but turns out it’s line not lie.:(

Anyways the video has been upgraded to AMAZING status.

the nicest i can say about the video for this rather flat tune is that at least they reference the inspiration behind it for a second - the amazing (non-garish) colour of pomegranate (which madonna aped for the bedtime story video a couple of decades ago).

the nicest i can say about the video for this rather flat tune is that at least they reference the inspiration behind it for a second - the amazing (non-garish) colour of pomegranate (which madonna aped for the bedtime story video a couple of decades ago).
I've never heard of this before - I must investigate!

I've never heard of this before - I must investigate!

i think it's widely recognized as one of the greatest cinematographic achievements of all time - i think it's on youtube in full but if you can catch on a big screen, it's worth it.

madonna did a better job paying homage to it. this strikes me as a rather cheap and tawdry take on it.

ps incidentally, i just remembered i dreamt of you last night! how very queer.

i think it's widely recognized as one of the greatest cinematographic achievements of all time - i think it's on youtube in full but if you can catch on a big screen, it's worth it.

madonna did a better job paying homage to it. this strikes me as a rather cheap and tawdry take on it.

ps incidentally, i just remembered i dreamt of you last night! how very queer.
Now that is queer :D

I've found it on the British Film Institute site so I've just bought it from there. If they own it here, it might pop up in their screenings from time to time, whenever they start up again.

EiUDG_6WAAAFRM6

EiUDG_3X0AUTppl

EiUDHBFXgAIksGq

EiUDHB-WsAIQGlk

I have just seen this video

amazing, and one of her best eva

gags UP

:o

so far, the bits that have been catching up on TikTok seem to be the guy banging his head on a cushion and Gaga's hand choreography that looks like a Ketchup Song tribute :D oh well, whatever it takes to make this a hit :disco:

Fantastic video. I watched it yesterday and it made me so happy. It ticked all the boxes of things I want in a music video. :disco:

Also, is this the best Gaga has ever looked? I don’t know what she has done to her face but I love how Italian/Jewish/IRAQI she looks all at the same time #internationalgaga.

I love that on Chromatica, Gags is Iraqi :disco:

How do we say "yaas Gaga tear my bussy with your bops" in Arabic?

I love how Gags trolled us so hard with the Chromatica II / 911 segue in this video. She knew we wanted an iconic transition moment but she just gave us walking through a door.

I love how Gags trolled us so hard with the Chromatica II / 911 segue in this video. She knew we wanted an iconic transition moment but she just gave us walking through a door.

The guy hitting his head on the "air bag" immediately after the segue made up for it. What a wtf moment the first time you see it!

I mean, it's a good metaphor for gay life in 2020. We were waiting all spring to have our moment as we walked into the circuit party to a big fanfare and having everyone else gasp and gag, but we just ended up at home smashing our heads into pillows.

I have to say, in a video full of lewks, my absolute favourite is the blue one that kicks off the second verse. Her little dance routine is also amazing.

Fantastic video. I watched it yesterday and it made me so happy. It ticked all the boxes of things I want in a music video. :disco:

Also, is this the best Gaga has ever looked? I don’t know what she has done to her face but I love how Italian/Jewish/IRAQI she looks all at the same time #internationalgaga.
Yeah she looks beautiful right now. Her face has really settled since 2015 when she looked almost unrecognizable at one point. I was watching a documentary about her the other day and when it got to the 2015 Billboard Women In Music segment and I oop. I felt a bit sad that she felt that she needed to mess with her face like that.

It hasn't done anything for sure, but I also don't think it's being actively pushed as a single either?

It's not been sent to radio in the US or UK, and Spotify basically won't playlist album tracks with nothing new added to them no matter who you are (hence the DaBaby Levitating from Dua).

It's a VERY STRANGE strategy, as in the UK at least I'm sure it would get easy airplay if they bothered to try. Maybe they are just hoping it will take off on TIKTOK!

yeah it's not getting a "single" push. presumably to save face if/when it flops. there are more videos to come including for Babylon and allegedly Free Woman but I think she's done with singles. quite weird when the last one was an international #1 :D

The optics around the era are that it has been a success, especially given the context. I don't think they need to do much else. She has solidified her icon status, especially with the ridiculous fawning by the VMAs.

I love Chromatica, but I hope she veers hard left with her next project. No more Karen ballads, or gay bops.

she's not going to abandon BOTH of the things that are her bread and butter :D

I think we've probably seen the last of very weird Gaga. she seemed/still seems very scarred by the reaction to ARTPOP and I think a lot of that weirdness was tied into youthful rebellion anyway against a culture she's now firmly part of.

she was anti-typical beauty for example, and now she's on any red carpet that'll have her looking like a bronzed Versace goddess and pimping her own (rubbish) make up lines on Instagram. "hard left" Gaga is gone. I think she'd rather do bops and Karen ballads and collect an easy paycheck.

doesn't mean we won't still get moments like the 911 video of course, which beautifully blur the boundaries between those worlds.

Why the fuck would anyone want FEWER GAY BOPS from LADY GAGA?!
Because we have loads of them. And I think she can give us more. If Mariah could serve an alt-femme album in the middle of the Daydream era, Gags can give us something unexpected.

Because we have loads of them. And I think she can give us more. If Mariah could serve an alt-femme album in the middle of the Daydream era, Gags can give us something unexpected.
yes but... she didn't :D citing one of the most risk-averse artists of the 90s in a potential career path for Gags feels like a choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom