cwej

User
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER EH...?

The final 4 songs were:

Bad Romance
The Edge Of Glory
Dance In The Dark
Alejandro.

Three of them were massive top 10 smash hits, and one was merely an album track. Can Dance In The Dark surpass expectations and win?

I will reveal the results in just 3 posts.

Coming in 4th place, with a score of 67pts (which was 12 points short of 3rd place) is...

The Edge of Glory

Of 32 voters, 4 of you chose this as your favourite, 13 chose it as your least favourite.

Leaving just 3 songs left in the running.

So the final 3:

Bad Romance
Dance In The Dark
Alejandro

3rd place finished just 2points short of 2nd place on 79pts...

Coming in 3rd is...

Dance In The Dark

By far the most popular non-single, this song was 'seeded' to come 38th and should by rights have been knocked out in round 1, but constantly knocked out massive songs along the way.

For 9 of you this was your favourite song, but for 9 it was your least favourite of the final 4.

Which means the final 2 is between two massive smash hits:

Bad Romance
and
Alejandro

The winner of the knockout, scoring 93pts is....

Alejandro

Alejandro was the favourite of 10 out of 32 voters, but importantly only 3 of you placed it last place.

Bad Romance was favourite of 9 voters, but least favourite of 7 of you.

FINAL RESULTS:

1st Alejandro 93pts
2nd Bad Romance 81pts
3rd Dance In The Dark 79pts
4th The Edge of Glory 67pts

The mini "drop" at the end of the middle 8 of Alejandro when the music drops out for a breath and then comes back in with the final chorus is quite simply LIFE ITSELF. One of my all time FAVORITAS

I love "Alejandro" but "Bad Romance" is the quintessential pop song of the modern era. "Alejandro" is a fun Ace of Base HOMAGE but certainly not a disappointing winner either.

I guess Bad Romance was the "obvious" winner so the tactical voters will have consistently placed it last to rob it of the victory it so clearly deserved.

I really did think Dance In The Dark was going to win (it was leading well beyond halfway through the voting) - so I was pleased to see two really perfect Gaga singles that paved the way for her career come out top 2.

What a sham! :D

And where was our video?!

Wonderful results! Alejandro really is her finest moment. Didn’t expect anything other than a Bad Romance win so this was a nice surprise.

Delighted that we didn’t get a Bad Romance win. Yes it’s a very good pop song but she has matched it quite a few times!

I like all 4 songs but wouldnt have any of them in even my top 10. How on earth that was the final lineup is beyond me. Alejandro is the best of the 4 though.

Bad Romance is one of the most overrated songs of all-time. I would have Alejandro, Monster, Telephone, So Happy I Could Die and Teeth ahead of it from The Fame Monster alone :cautious:

I don’t feel like Bad Romance lost from tactical voting. I feel it lost because Alejandro is more universally liked whereas BR has lovers and haters.

The right song won, all are superb though. I like that Dance in the Dark is so loved; didn't she perform it at the BRITS?

How can @Halli have forgotten Geri's review of Gags's 2010 BRITS performance, where she asked "WHERE WERE THE HITS???" while poor Alexander McQueen was not even cold in his grave

Oh yes I did completely forget about this?

Almost as good as her 'Kula Shaker?!' moment :disco:

Not the winner I expected, but WHY NOT?

Fabulous to see Dance In The Dark with its fabulous chord changes doing so well.

Someone tweet GAGS as this is the kind of shit she'd LAP UP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom