Lady Gaga - Stupid Love

But let’s face it dearest chat-chat loungers, those shut-ins will chat about ANY OLD BOLLOCKS!

*conveniently fails to see the irony*

I really like it. I agree the chorus lets the song down, but the
'Look at me nooowww...cos all I ever wanted was love' part is AMAZING and PERFECT :disco:

I don’t hate this as much as the rest of the internet seems to, at least its fun and has ENERGY. Also clearly inspired by 60s Star Trek.

They’ve clearly gone for Tik-tok-accessible to appeal to a youth audience - what with the cheap ass costumes, easy to replicate dance routines and quality cameras supplied by iPhone :disco: :disco:

The verses to this are great but I agree the chorus is a non-event. She was known for her HUGE choruses and this just falls flat in that respect. But coming after when her name is HUGE again, it just feels like a damp squib, and there is no excuse for that video.

I love this and would be happy if all pop went back to 2011 style. The question is whether the rest of the world wants music like this any more.

If this was a Katy Perry song (and video) I imagine we'd all be slightly kinder on the basis of not expecting much from such lesser mortals. But even then, it's just alright. And the chorus is fucking DIRE. And despite being the start of a new project it already feels like she's going through the motions :D

She truly has been a queen of disappointment for nigh on a decade now. But that's what happens when you set the bar SO DAMN HIGH to start with.

I'm actually a bit gutted. I'm sure the album will be fun and all but what a boring, safe option. Bring back the 20 minute epics we all whinged about :(

It´s a catchy enough piece of pop, bit underwhelming perhaps. It´ll keep her loons happy I´m sure but I doubt we´ll ever see a return to the glory days level of success.

Still #1 on itunes UK and US by a big margin but decreasing.

Debuts at #6 on UK spotify and #2(:o) in the US

Last edited:
Which admittedly is higher than I thought it would be!

I´d say she´s got a good shot at top 10 debut overall, which would hardly be BAD for her at this stage.

Last edited:
:D bitch please, this song will be brushed under the rug within 4 weeks (and I like it). I predict a top 25 debut and peak on the Hot 100.

The first day streaming stats beg to differ.... number 6 UK and number 2 US debut. Her strongest start in the streaming ea. Still number 1 on itunes by a lomg way too (for what it's worth these days).

This is what the general public want from Gaga. I predict it will be sticking around for a long time.

Elements of the backing track really put me in mind of long-forgotten early 2010s 1.5 hit wonder Kiesza.

It had a huge first day. I hope I'm wrong! If it could debut top 10 on the Hot 100 that'd be a killer result.

Hun, there's no need to deny that it was you playing this loudly on your phone and you were all alone. We've all been there. x

I can't believe this thread only has TWO pages. The song really isn't that bad. Is Moopy just DONE with Gags?

this is doing well still but it did fall from 6 to 16 on global Spotify today so let's see how things go tomorrow and beyond

some people like me don't like listening to GAGS on sundays

btw, last night in one of those RARE Pipo outings they played THIS at a new club, aftrwards during the night they also played Born this way & Bad romance and your could hear some NASTY bitches going "see, this is the Gaga I want"; selfless gays getting what they deserve.

NR but they also played Physical & Don't stop now and oh my god they blew the roof off

some people like me don't like listening to GAGS on sundays

btw, last night in one of those RARE Pipo outings they played THIS at a new club, aftrwards during the night they also played Born this way & Bad romance and your could hear some NASTY bitches going "see, this is the Gaga I want"; selfless gays getting what they deserve.

NR but they also played Physical & Don't stop now and oh my god they blew the roof off

Stories like this really do need a separate thread.

No, because they’ve all CLOSED DOWN. Apart from G-A-Y. But I just couldn’t. All those fresh faces and milky twinks :gross:

I saw and thought this too? are midweeks *cough* sorry, the UPDATE out on sunday nights rather than Mondays now? :D

To be fair, if she makes top 10 first week, I am calling it a triumph!

I also think the track is a lot better than its being given credit for

Yeah, it will be low top 10 by the end of the week.

Although I will say for an artist whose popularity peaked in 2010, thats not really anything to be sniffed at in the streaming era.

This peaked at 6 in its first day on spotify. If I recall correctly, neither The Cure or Perfect Illusion troubled the top 20.

That's a great picture of her in the Official Charts post.

I've said similar things many times before (not that it will ever stop me), but if Stupid Love were a Eurovision song by some Floogin Bloogin so and so the reactions would be this year's redefinition of hyperbole. Song is stellar, ripped and as full of itself as a Gaga song should be. On the 8 and on the nose as ever.

We can't compare 'The Cure' Bpzz, but compared to Perfect Illusion, which I love, this reaches up just a notch, and is off of the back of a huge part of her career, any top 10 will be great at this point for her in terms of mainstream charts with a song like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom