Lana Del Rey - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (24 March 2023)

Iguana

If I only could...
The BUZZ has STARTED!

Speaking to Gucci's creative director Alessandro Michele for her W Magazine cover story, Lana said that her ninth LP will be "very wordy" and has emerged from her experiments with "meditative automatic singing" - a process where she doesn't filter in the studio and sings pretty much anything that comes to her mind.

Contrasting it to the more evocative lyrics of third album Honeymoon, Lana said: "For this new music [...] it's just like: 'I'm angry."

"The songs are very conversational. It’s a very wordy album. So there’s no room for color. It’s almost like I’m typing in my mind."

She also teased lyrics to the first song she recorded for the upcoming album: "The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.”

new cover story with W where she discusses the new album, her process and various other things (as posted by miss @Pipo)

she's really looking gorgeous :disco:

she shouts out Swan Song

FS9mYd8UEAAV71G

taste! anyway seeing as she confirms the album is being made and we know she's worked with Jack again (and Rick Nowels? @POP! to confirm) let's make this a new album HYPE THREAD

FS9aVosXoAARPj1

new avatar alert :disco:

omg, please Miss Lana give us ANGRY rock goth chic bops. She surely can pull off heavy bass and distorted guitar riffs.

Omg yes. This is the first time she has not given us a release date immediately after releasing the preceding album (which 100% never come to fruition anyway) so it is a bit exciting that it could be coming anytime now.

I have no idea if she is working with Rick this time around. Jack is a given, and I think he just confirmed the other day they recorded together. The “angry” / stream of consciousness explanation is giving me “White Dress” teas, which I’m 100% here for.

Jack spoke to the New Yorker about the recently recorded track, calling it "magic":

He’d just been in Los Angeles, recording with Lana Del Rey at Henson Studios. “We were tuning 808s, messing around,” he said. “And then we had this one weird live take where she was singing along to a voice memo on her phone, with her headphones on, and I was playing piano latent to what she was singing, and we just both went, ‘Yep, there it is—our one magic moment.’ ”

I'm having a Honeymoon night. Ironically, it's aged the best of any of her pre-NFR albums sonically (although still not my favorite).

CarefreeViciousAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Lights camera actión
I'll do it on my own
Don't need your money, money

To get me what I want...

Honeymoon is by a mile my most listened to Lana record of the last 6-12 months. I am completely obsessed and it seems she's been going back to it too.

I agree it has aged gorgeously although I think Lust For Life is more interesting sonically.

how can you say that HM has (sonically) aged the best when UV is just right THERE?? I would agree if we were talking about BTD, Paradise, or LFL though.

If we consider Paradise as a separate piece then, yes, it's been yonks since I've played it in full although Bel Air and Ride are ALWAYS on heavy rotation chez-Pips.

Also,

Velveteen and living single
It never felt that right to me
I know what only the girls know
Lies can buy eternity
I, I see you leaving
So I push record and watch you leave :(

Terrence, Art Deco, Salvatore and The Blackest Day are def my holy texts these days :disco:

"Terrence" and "The Blackest Day" are Lana top ten fixtures for me.

You are what you are...
And I don't matter to anyone.

The lyrics on this album *hugs Lana* :(

On one side I think her label wouldn't let her release something so nonmainstream as what she describes but on the other side, everything she releases goes to #1 in most countries and sells by the bucket during the first two months so🤷‍♂️

god Buddy's Rendezvous is so good! it really feels like a classic and Lana has never sounded better than on the chorus. my queen fucking kills it.

I would not mind a super cinematic record that's all like this from her again, in the Honeymoon (but lighter, jazzier) vein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom