Lana Del Rey - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (24 March 2023)

Buy a place out in the country
Leave this world for someone else
My destruction is an hour late
I'm at Buddy's Rendezvous
Tellin' the losers and old timers
How good I did with you

They almost believed me too

You BASIC bitches coming around to Honeymoon is a TRIUMPH that I will PERSONALLY collect, having been the original Honeymoon stan!
Anyone who's anyone knows that Honeymoon is FAR AND AWAY her greatest album, not least because of the sumptuous undercurrent of Mulholland Drive. In fact I'd swap it for ALL the others

I can appreciate Honeymoon these days but the second half is a bit TOO languid for me bar "The Blackest Day". The last three tracks really aren't necessary. It should have just ended there. I might put it on today though, it is a vibe.

oh I think it all climaxes between Salvatore and Swan Song actually. that's the best section. fantastic record though, my feelings on it have totally transformed.

10 Honeymoon
07 Music to Watch Boys To
10 Terrence Loves You
09 God Knows I Tried
08 High By the Beach
07 Freak
10 Art Deco
08 Religion
10 Salvatore
11 The Blackest Day
09 24
10 Swan Song
09 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

The "Freak" demo should've made the album. Still hoping she works that bridge into one of her songs that makes an album:

Love is our salvation now

Honeymoon is weird. It's like someone trying to wake themselves up from a dream, or sober up quickly. It has the languid anxiety of someone coming down from a high too slowly.

What's the duet that just came out last week? I really liked that when it popped up on my Spotify radar.

What's the duet that just came out last week? I really liked that when it popped up on my Spotify radar.
it's her cover of Buddy's Rendezvous by Father John Misty (with him on BVs), which was a bonus track on the vinyl edition of his album earlier this year.

she really goes for the most thoroughly disgusting men :D
I was just thinking that she consistently has taste (Barrie aside). Clayton and Sean, in particular.

FSbVApcVEAAHVZB.jpg

lana-del-rey-2000.jpg

Last edited:
"Stargirl (Interlude)" has appeared in the Spotify top 100 (USA - not sure if it's charting elsewhere) thanks to a TikTok trend. :disco:

Jack and her created a masterpiece with Norman. I think some of their material on Chemtrails was kind of uninspired but their time off from one another hopefully produces more goods.

Well she needs to keep her Queen of Leaks title somehow!

This has just reminded me that I used to have HUNDREDS of leaked Lana songs from her early days on my old laptop.

All those moments lost in time, like tears in rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom