Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

Black Bathing Suit

Blank Stare GIF

I heard several of the songs on the leak are not proper HQ so don't judge TOO HARD YET, lil' poppet

(he's dead anyway it seems)

So the leak is really shitty quality. the first listen was not great but I gave a second spin to some of it and its charms are being revealed. I can tell it's better than COCC.

You said I was bad
Let me show you how BAD GIRLS DO

tumblr_lwb7d9xVj61ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif

My black bathing suit
Let them talk about me
Like yesterday's NEWS

NG1B.gif

Last edited:
"Sweet Carolina" seems to be getting the best response. Very 70s Carole King, Joni Mitchell with a Disney spin. It's one of her most heartfelt and personal for sure. Her voice is at its best in the chorus. A bit too short for me though, which isn't a bad thing.

She definitely tweaked "Thunder" (for the better). Of the unreleased leaked tracks that made the album, "Living Legend" is my favorite. You can tell it's from the Ultraviolence era. Her writing has matured for sure, but I love this shit.

Guns in the summertime
And horses too
I never meant to be bad or unwell
I was just living on the edge
Right between heaven and hell

And I'm tired of it

"Black Bathing Suit" is hitting me hard tonight. Her vocals on the verses are the best I've heard. The timbre.

It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage
So I'm not friends with my mother
But still love my dad
Untraditional lover

Can you handle that?

I'm not listening 'til Friday but the reactions I've seen so far are REALLY mixed. is it entirely piano balladry?

I'm not listening 'til Friday but the reactions I've seen so far are REALLY mixed. is it entirely piano balladry?
Pretty much :D

And the weakest link here is definitely "Nectar of the Gods" - it seems to go on forever. The outtakes don't sound entirely out of place sonically, but there is a distinct difference in the songwriting of the newer songs in the first half and the leftovers. It just shows how much she's grown as a songwriter.

Piano aside, there's beautiful use of other instruments throughout the album..."If You Lay Me Down" - the horns. "Living Legend" - electric guitar/vocoder. BBS, Thunder and Dealer - drums.

now I'm scared :D
You will probably think the album is messy, which you wouldn't be wrong. I kind of like that it is rough around the edges. It feels weirdly intimate and authentic compared to COCC. "White Dress" would've probably been right at home here, and I generally get "Bartender" vibes from the melodies. Just give it TIME. It's a grower.

PRELIMINARY RATE

10 Text Book
09 Blue Banisters
07 Arcadia - ok it's growing on me
NA The Trio
10 Black Bathing Suit
08 If You Lie Down With Me
07 Beautiful
08 Violet for Roses
08 Dealer
08 Thunder
08 Wildflower Wildfire
05 Nectar of the Gods
08 Living Legend
08 Cherry Blossom
09 Sweet Carolina

She is now using her honeymoon account to post stuff. "Blue Banisters" video coming:

She is also scheduled to perform on Colbert this Friday.

Ad the actual records and CDs going to be in the shops on Friday right enough? I'm looking forward to this now; it sounds like she's made her Jandek album.

CDs will be out this Friday. Vinyls next week.

@POP! how could you miss this made-up drama from that shit show DEUX MOI??

Last week copies of Lana Del Rey's new CD "Blue Banisters" was sold through some Canadian stores, and leaked online, a week before the actual release. Then last night, DeuxMoi posted the following "blind item" about Lana Del Rey.

7564_600.jpg

8164_original.jpg

A second story about her was then posted again on DM, depicting an exchange between Lana and the Target cashier about removing her CD's from the store. They were deleted but fans managed to get screenshot from Lana's instagram where she reposted them on her IG story. (Lana had announced the deletion of her "main" social media accounts a few weeks ago but continues to use her backup account "Honeymoon" on IG, to participate in social media).

8212_original.jpg

8914_original.jpg

I love MESSY PETTY LANA :D

8967_original.jpg

8212_original.jpg

Even if this is true, its not even that rude? I can see why she would be frustrated and it sounds like she wasn't even blaming the employee really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom