Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon

EVER SINCE MY BABY WENT AWAY...

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
Now that the dust has settled - what do we think of Lana's fourth masterpiece?

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Honeymoon_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

This one is admittedly more difficult and kind of washes over you the first half dozen of listens, but once it settles in it is so worth it. It's the epitome of less is more and if it weren't for the couple of duds, IMO, (it should really just END at "The Blackest Day") it would compete with its predecessors.

Honeymoon
Music to Watch Boys to
Terrence Loves You
God Knows I Tried
High by the Beach
Freak
Art Deco
Burnt Norton - Interlude
Religion
Salvatore
The Blackest Day
Swan Song
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

08 Honeymoon
08 Music to Watch Boys to
10 Terrence Loves You
09 God Knows I Tried
09 High by the Beach
08 Freak
08 Art Deco
Burnt Norton - Interlude
07 Religion
06 Salvatore
10 The Blackest Day
05 24
06 Swan Song
05 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

BUMP

"Terrence Loves You" is unofficially the saddest song Lana has ever recorded, the opening strings and verse

You are what you are
And I... don't matter to anyone

Probably my least favourite Lana album (in all likelihood because it's my least played Lana album), but I still love it.

Oh wow I came in to say it’s probably MY favourite Lana album. It coincided with a break-up, Lana couldn’t have hoped for better circumstances!

1. ULTRAViolence
2. Born To Die: Paradise Edition
(Born to Die)
3. Lust For Life
4. Honeymoon

Last edited:
Absolutely PEAK LANA for me. Music which sounds like a distant memory disappearing into the horizon (or hope down the plug hole), no ghastly guests to interrupt the psychological horror of the aftermath of yet another torn skirt and shattered dream, and a Quaaludey, fucked up mess from start to finish :disco:

09 Honeymoon
10 Music to Watch Boys To
09 Terrence Loves You
07 God Knows I Tried
08 High by the Beach
10 Freak
09 Art Deco
09 Burnt Norton - Interlude
08 Religion
11 Salvatore
10 The Blackest Day
07 24
10 Swan Song
05 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Obviously I got rid of that one on my iTunes...

I know I've posted this before but I just love this show so much. Can you imagine if we were there in that audience crying with all the Lana fanzzzz? :(

When IS the next album coming out? And when IS she touring next?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

Oh I think we SHOULD! Also, I was once accused of shouting more loudly than the person in earshot had ever heard anyone shout, so I’m sure I’ll be able to reach MAXIMUM SCREAM VOLUME :disco:

She played ONE show here before Lust for Life was released and I couldn't go but thought I'm sure she'll come back once the album is released, but NO

This album is a 7 for me although Blackest Day is an all time favourite. There's just too much filler imo, which I don't find with any of her other albums personally

I maintain that the album would have been much stronger had it just ENDED after "The Blackest Day". As much as I love Lust for Life, the melodies, lyrics, shifts in mood etc in this album resonate a bit more because it's SO sparse and minimalistic. I'm glad she shifted course again after this album but it occupies a very special space in her catalog.

I randomly discovered the "Freak Like Me" demo, and it's sending me...

That middle eight is :disco:

you're so art DECO
out on the floor,
shinin' like gun METAL
cold and unsure...

what a lyric. what a moment. what a grower of an album this turned out to be.

10 Honeymoon
08 Music to Watch Boys To
10 Terrence Loves You
09 God Knows I Tried
07 High By the Beach
07 Freak
09 Art Deco
xx Burnt Norton
08 Religion
10 Salvatore
11 The Blackest Day
09 24
10 Swan Song
09 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

it truly has its own thing going on even within the context of Lana's discography. it's so fucking depressing :D and yet. occasional breaks of sunlight through the clouds. hints of hope buried under the despair. ugh.

salvatore, blackest day, 24 and swan song is my favourite run of lana songs.

on the flip, i loathe high by the beach - always sounded cheap + flat to these ears. art deco is another that gets my goat. the line "you're so art deco" in particular :gross:

oh what a cool word, let's write a song aboot it!

Another leak "Dragon Slayer", although this one appears to be from the Ultraviolence sessions.

Crazy For You is nothing special.

I'm ready to change my vote for Honeymoon to a 10 I think.

She really likes California enough to shoehorn in it every title, lyric, metaphor 🥴

Two abandoned songs from the Honeymoon era leaked for Xmas,

Crazy for You

and California

her leaks are so interesting in how none of them sound anything like the albums they were allegedly intended for.

Crazy For You isn't very good, but California is fantastic. doesn't sound Honeymoon at all. not really sure which album it would've made sense on though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom