Lana Del Rey - Lasso (the country album)

Jark

User
she confirmed to Billboard it's coming in September. :o produced by Jack Antonoff, of course

lana del rey big weekend 2017 GIF by BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend

her music to a significant degree has flirted with country for three albums now so I'm not worried. I adore Chemtrails and that's straight up country/folk in places.

I like the country/folk tinged tracks ("Kintsugi", "Blue Banisters", "Dance Till We Die", "Wild at Heart", etc), I just hope it's not kitschy or Niki Lane influenced. DYK... has given her so much momentum would be a shame if that was squandered. Not that she has anything left to prove at this point.

In other news, Born to Die is 5xp and NFR has been certified 1xp in America.

RIAA.com:

LANA DEL REY
Title: BORN TO DIE
Certification Date: January 30, 2024
Label: INTERSCOPE RECORDS / POLYDOR
Format: ALBUM
4x Platinum
5x Platinum

LANA DEL REY
Title: NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL
Certification Date: January 30, 2024
Label: INTERSCOPE RECORDS / POLYDOR
Format: ALBUM
Platinum

DYK... has given her so much momentum would be a shame if that was squandered.
country has never been bigger on streaming or the hot 100 than in the past year! if anything this feels like a very astute move

country has never been bigger on streaming or the hot 100 than in the past year! if anything this feels like a very astute move
Well if she goes Morgan Wallen then yes I agree! 40 track album please

this thread is CURSED.

We've seen this movie before and hopefully Lasso 🤠🐎 will never see the light of day (One can wish).

The album will undergo a name change come August, the release date will be pushed to November (and eventually it'll come out in February), "no promo" she'll say but we'll get 10 variants.

Prove us wrong Lanita or this banjo induced nightmare will be in good company, namely Rock Candy Sweet, Tropico, and Bird World. As a sad gay in trying times, I expect her to serve some Dolly Parton/Reba/Shania/Faith Hill kinda bops but we'll probably get some fentanyl stripped down ballads that would probably get an airing at the Prairie Home Companion show :(
💀

I would be more up for a country album that wasn't produced by Jack Antonoff. I actually quite like him but wouldn't it be better to do it with an actual country music producer?

But mostly I'm just excited because what better genre than country for Lana to mine her li(v)ed experience as a teen runaway, turning tricks in an Alabama trailer park :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom