Lana Del Rey - Norman F***ing Rockwell (sixth album)

The whole EU tour is cancelled.

So whoever was daft enough to buy tickets will have to wait another year or two to see her do the Born to Die tour. Again.

The whole EU tour is cancelled.

So whoever was daft enough to buy tickets will have to wait another year or two to see her do the Born to Die tour. Again.
She hasn’t done an actual gig here since like 2012

Why have they been cancelled? Is she a bit too tired aka stoned off her cranny?

I’d love to see her live but the O2 is a hideous venue and also you’d have all those hysterical fans singing along :zombie:

Oh I see she’s “lost her voice”. Wants to stay in bed more like :side-eye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Someone's having life issues. Or just life events they don't want to discuss yet.

Reactions: Zu
Maybe the Disney films are coming back to haunt her :(

Dare I say that this is my least favourite album from her in quite some time? I just can’t find the right MOOD

No wonder she's delayed the poetry album.

LDR - "Sorry but I;m not doing my entire European tour. Here's some poetry :) "
LDR's Entire Fanbase - :manson:

Certified Gold in the UK.

EUIGoGHWAAA4-n8

I haven’t listened to this enough to get to know it yet. Another job for the Easter holidays.

This is officially Lana's best album for me, it has come alive even more in quarantine. It's so perfect I even like "The Greatest" now.

09 Norman Fucking Rockwell
08 Mariner's Apartment Complex
09 Venice Bitch
09 Fuck it I Love You
08 Doin' Time
10 Love Song
13 Cinnamon Girl - still that bitch
10 How to Disappear
10 California
08 The Next Best American Record (9.5 for demo)
07 The Greatest
09 Bartender
11 Happiness is a Butterfly
08 Hope is a Dangerous Thing...

The midsection is incredible, does anyone else love "How to Disappear" as much as I do? It's such an unconventional song for her.

How to Disappear is a highlight. I still think Bartender is a major cut below the rest and should've been cut. It's just irritating.

09 Norman Fucking Rockwell
08 Mariner's Apartment Complex
07 Venice Bitch
07 Fuck It I Love You
10 Doin' Time :disco:
10 Love Song :disco:
10 Cinnamon Girl :disco:
09 How to Disappear :disco:
10 California :disco:
10 The Next Best American Record :disco:
08 The Greatest
05 Bartender
09 Happiness is a Butterfly
08 Hope Is a Dangerous Thing...

the midsection is truly everything.

Isn't the only difference the lyrics? And the ones on the demo were shitty and made no sense? :D
The lyrics in the new chorus are very clunky in my opinion, so it is detrimental to the melody and everything. I thought it was attributable to being used to the demo form but I have attempted to warm to the new chorus for nearly a year now and it just hasn’t. The verses remain identical and lovely though.

How to Disappear is a highlight. I still think Bartender is a major cut below the rest and should've been cut. It's just irritating.

YAAAS at the "How to Disappear" love. Love this bit: "Now it's been years since I left New York, I got a kid and two cats in the yard... the California sun and movie stars" Her voice sounds so romantic on it.

"Bartender" I get isn't for everyone, but I love the mood. "ALLLLLLLL the LADIES of the CANYOOOOON" :disco:

I haven't listened to this properly since the first spin, but I will say that "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have... But I Have It" is exquisite 95% of the way to suicide desperation, and in my Lana Top 5.

I'm definitely not a Bartender girl. I played the album again today and I still can't get over Next Best American Record.

I find Doin' Time oddly underrated. To me it's not even a cover, she totally transformed it. A masterpiece, weirdly out of character with its good vibes and yet totally Lana

I find Doin' Time oddly underrated. To me it's not even a cover, she totally transformed it. A masterpiece, weirdly out of character with its good vibes and yet totally Lana
It's easily in my top 5 (top 3?) from the album.

I like it, especially how she transforms that middle eight, but for me it should have been a standalone single. It gets a little buried in the album and not consistent with anything around it. Despite only peaking at #59 or something on the Hot 100, it's easily her biggest hit here since "Young and Beautiful" it got a ton of radio play and attention from non-Lana fans/the GP.

SUBLIME. I always put it on when changing my bed covers for some reason

10 Norman Fucking Rockwell
09 Mariner's Apartment Complex
10 Venice Bitch
08 Fuck it I Love You
09 Doin' Time
19 Love Song
11 Cinnamon Girl
08 How to Disappear
11 California
08 The Next Best American Record
11 The Greatest
07 Bartender
09 Happiness is a Butterfly
10 Hope is a Dangerous Thing...

FINALLY I find the right mood for this album, and I do declare that it being sunny outside has much to do with it

Behold LA REINE SOLEIL :disco:

Can't wait to hear Hard Candy is delayed a couple of years because she accidently spilled her coffee on her iPad Pro :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom