Latvia 2021: Samanta Tina - The Moon is Rising

ARE YOU READY FOR THE PARADE?

• Total voters
OMG scream at ALL of this, and somewhat SAD we didn't manage a group implosion as we all watched it together for the first time :D
What a HOT MESS! I kind of love it? It's a BETTER SONG than the yelping noise factory that was Still Breathin', although that's hardly HIGH PRAISE!

The bellowing opening "THE QUEEN OF THE NIGHT IS COMMMMMINNNG" or whatever she says could actually quite a moment if they stage it properly (they won't).

But ALL of the above said, 90% of me thinks this a certain non-qualifier, but there's 10% of me that thinks if they stage this properly it could actually be kind of Netta-style amazing on the night :D
I haven't bothered to check which semi it's in, but IMAGINE if we end up with San Marino-Serbia-Moldova-Russia-Lativa back to back running order :D Even the most hardcore of fanz/gays themselves will end up RUNNING FOR THE HILLS in TERROR!

I would like SAM TEEN to qualify, mainly due to her backstory of trying out for Latvia AND Lithuania a million times prior to finally getting the nod. She's certainly a lot more EMOTIONALLY INVESTED that a lot of contestants.

I hate it. But I also hated last year’s entry.

THE QUEEEeerEEeEeeN! OF THE NIGHT IS COMING! God the opening is even more ridiculous then I’d hoped :disco: she also nailed the rap part :disco:

The end of the video is very ‘THIS CLUB HAS EVERYTHING, drag queens, little people, a mixed raced child speaking on the phone, lesbians, people with RED HAIR’.

Last edited:
I just listened and watched to the first minute of this for the first time and I had to stop because it has reduced me to Anderson Cooper-esque giggle fits.

THE QUEEEEEEN OF THE NIIIIGHT IT COOOOOOOMING - what a PALAVER :disco: :disco: :disco:

Sam Teen must be thrilled to see her steaming hot platter of goods currently being ranked 28th favourite to win the contest (above Ireland in 29th which I think is a bit rude) :disco:

Ireland are flopping hard in the odds.

Are French speakers keen gamblers, because France and Switzerland at the top is just baffling?

France being top makes sense to me - it's a VERY banger heavy year, so the ballads feel likely to get a lot of love across the board.

Switzerland makes a lot of sense at the top of the odds. I guess there isn't anything else in the competition that sounds like Bulgaria so second is reasonable as long as you ignore that it's about a quarter as good as last year's entry.

Ireland are flopping hard in the odds.

It’s a bit of a shame as I really like it when I hear it but I still can’t remember how it goes (although actually I’ve just miraculously summoned it to mind after a bit of effort)

Even LOCO LOCO is more memorable

Ireland could be better if LESLEY turned the vocals up a bit!

I genuinely like this now :D It feels like something Ukraine would do really well with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom