Latvia 2021: Samanta Tina - The Moon is Rising

ARE YOU READY FOR THE PARADE?

• Total voters
Switzerland makes a lot of sense at the top of the odds. I guess there isn't anything else in the competition that sounds like Bulgaria so second is reasonable as long as you ignore that it's about a quarter as good as last year's entry.
And when you consider last year's was only about a quarter as good as listening to the speaking clock for three minutes...

Omg at this overblown mess :D The very idea that she spent a year in writing camps to come up with the perfect entry and we get, well...the very definition of insanity via song. It is of course, kind of amazing too.

Not quite sure what we were expecting, though. I think people forget that Still Breathing and her legendary rooftop performance became entrenched in our minds due to the sheer fact that after many weeks of consideration of this peculiar outlier of a song, the only sensible option was to hit the 10 button. In the end, nothing else made sense, much like Sam Tina's musical output and vocal fits.

Also quite the PIPES really, no? I do think this could become a moment and after EVERYTHING she must qualify. I mean, if Lea Sirk can..

She's in the second half of her semi along with ballads, pure dirge, a rock song and some other so-so entries so this is still possible.

Unfortunately she's also in the same semi as Moldova, San Marino, Serbia, Greece, Czech Republic, Iceland and Poland, but they are ALL first half (oh god what a nightmare that one is, I fear for Greece) which suggests she might get a pimp-ish slot to keep away from them.

It feels quite necessary to have her as part of the final tbh

Not quite sold on the LITTLE BUNNY FOO FOO dance routine just yet, but she's serving the vox. :disco:

Yes, I appreciate how her delivery of this is FULL of CHUTZPAH and devoid of irony.

QUEEN SAM TEEN.

I wish we had a LATVIA representative who could tell us how this is being received in her home country, did this really necessitate a 6 part prime time series documenting it’s creation???

As much as I'm a fan of the AVANT-GARDE, I don't think combining a strange "song" structure with an overly enthusiastic and excitable vocal audition for Starlight Express is necessarily the right approach :disco:

I said it earlier, but 10% of me believes this could end up a sort of Ukraine-style messy masterpiece and end up qualifying (as a scrape-through 10th place) on the night :D I think it has a MARGINALLY higher chance than Still Breathin' which was totally dead on arrival last year :D

I'm quite into the bunny ears dance move. If they don't overcomplicate everything (they will) it could end up as being somewhat memorable due to the BATTLE CRY vocals and that very dance move. I could also see juries giving her a helping hand too, as I'm sure some will support her BELLOWING. If LEA SIRK could do it.

I still kind of like this. Her vocal stylings remind me of Christina Aguilera to an extent

I said it earlier, but 10% of me believes this could end up a sort of Ukraine-style messy masterpiece and end up qualifying (as a scrape-through 10th place) on the night :D I think it has a MARGINALLY higher chance than Still Breathin' which was totally dead on arrival last year :D

I'm quite into the bunny ears dance move. If they don't overcomplicate everything (they will) it could end up as being somewhat memorable due to the BATTLE CRY vocals and that very dance move. I could also see juries giving her a helping hand too, as I'm sure some will support her BELLOWING. If LEA SIRK could do it.
Still Breathing was a 100% GUARANTEED QUALIFIER LAST YEAR :oi:

I'm entirely obsessed with this now. It is of course completely horrible in every way, but I am not prepared for life in the final without our insanely passionate Queen of Noise. I'm willing to sacrifice any song in its place and shall be threatening someone, which I imagine Miss Tina does all the time, to hack into every household in Europe to ensure their phones and apps keep dialling YES FOR LATVIA when the moment comes.

She NEEDS this and though they don't realise it, so does EVERYONE ELSE

Omg if you google "Latvian Eurovision Winner" it actually says SAMANTA TINA :o It KNOWS

Also the last time Latvia won was with some old useless tat, it's about time we had the messier and much more exciting sequel

As I said before although her semi final is monstrous, she's in a better position than some of the uptempos. She could even get the final song slot

Well, I think so. With the semis, the draw is the same as last year in the sense that each country stays in the same semi as 2020, does this apply to whether they're first or second half too? I assume so but can't find anything when searching. The only thing I assume that's different is the *precise* running order of each semi. @VoR ? Or anyone?

True facts - this game has inspired me to start playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild again.

You may find it an unlistenable racket, but has it stolen HUNDREDS of hours from your life? :D

A friend of mine just asked me for "calm, relaxed" music recommendations for his evening walk to clear his head from work and I MAY or MAY NOT have snuck "The Moon Is Rising" in there.

I haven't heard anything from him. YET. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom