Le Flex - new album

Funky

User
Anyone familiar with this guy?

been producing 80s-inspired loungey pop for a while now, kind of a New Romantics/80s funk mix, somewhere between Spandau Ballet, Sade, Imagination and early George Michael.

it’s gloopy (TM @dUb ) as fuck but I just live for the nostalgia.

this is his new album.

And this was a favourite from last year

Last edited:
oh i like the sound of this! thanks 4 the tag bro

I’ll listen to this as I liked his contributions to the latest Jaki Graham album, one was a single.

Anyone familiar with this guy?

been producing 80s-inspired loungey pop for a while now, kind of a New Romantics/80s funk mix, somewhere between Spandau Ballet, Sade, Imagination and early George Michael.

it’s gloopy (TM @dUb ) as fuck but I just live for the nostalgia.

this is his new album.

And this was a favourite from last year

I've very much enjoyed some of the stuff you've posted from him previously so will put this on the listening list.

Looking through the Spotify discography he seems to be very prolific - he has some quite unfortunate artwork though.

I’ll listen to this as I liked his contributions to the latest Jaki Graham album, one was a single.

OMG that totally sounds like a Le Flex song :disco: We need a Jaki Graham thread I think. I fell into a black hole with her last year, I had no idea she was had such a vast discography, and how so much of it was so good. She went through the 80s era, the 90s era, the 00s era, kept up with the sounds and still sounded fabulous. I could do a whole playlist just of her.

Not to make this about Jaki but this was the other Le Flex track on the album, very Loose Ends.

I played this while in the bath and I enjoyed it. The production was pretty lush. I wasn’t expecting him to do lead vocals on all tracks for some reason. His voice reminds me of Bright Light Bright Light with a hint of George Michael (when he’s holding back) thrown in. Will definitely revisit. When You Need Love and A Tropical Dream are my early faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom