Least favourite Mariah songs?

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Living in the moment of being positive etc etc but let it all out in here

I have to be honest with myself and put The Art of Letting Go into the bin

I also do not care for One More Try
There are a few songs on MIAMTEC that I *think* I dislike but then it’s really just in the context of them being the 72nd single to try launch the album and, actually, on reflection it’s an okay song.

One More Try though is shit.

Reactions: dUb
Others I actively dislike -

Bye Bye
Get Your Number
To The Floor

Her worst songs ever for me are "Did I Do That?", "You Need Me"

OMG YES! Who greenlit Did I Do That?

Bye Bye
Stay In Love
Reflections
Twister
Never Too Far :emoji_mask: I couldn't find the puking emoji
Forever (Sorry but I actively hate it with a passion)
Last Kiss
Thanks 4 Nothin (awful text spelling too)
You're Mine (Eternal)
Through The Rain

Never been crazy about *but* I don't actively hate in a "popped up somewhere and I ain't rushing to avoid it" kinda way:
I Still Believe
Got a Thing 4 You
Butterfly (Except in remix form :emoji_skull_crossbones:)
After Tonight
I Only Wanted

funny how I do like The Art Of Letting Go :disco:

The Impossible is pretty nothingy, and the reprise is MOST unwelcome

Enjoy Infinity but it is a bit of a mess

I suppose Triumphant (Get 'Em) belongs in here as well

There’s another one on The Elusive Chanteuse that I hate but I can’t remember how it goes. Is it the one with the children or the Stevie Wonder harmonica one? Might be both.

We all love Triumphant in a jokey way but it’s crap

(not the remixes)

There’s another one on The Elusive Chanteuse that I hate but I can’t remember how it goes. Is it the one with the children or the Stevie Wonder harmonica one? Might be both.
The Stevie Wonder one is fantastic :oi:

I was gonna SAY, but you know I really enjoy it in remix form, this one in particular still knocks me off

PHEW!!!!

The original can fuck off

Thank God I Found You
Bye Bye
I Want To Know What Love Is

Triumphant was on an old CD I'd made that I put on recently and is such a slog in non remixed form, but I couldn't put it here in good faith. The lyrics and attempted gusto are too admirable.

I haven't read all the nominations, but I'm most surprised to read ones for Letting Go and Meteorite. They are both quite the shower of Mariah otherness.

The quality control in the 90s was quite stellar. There is not really a bad song. Say what we want about Tommy, but he knew how to cut the crap.

Certain songs mentioned so far I adore. Triumphant in all its forms came at a point in my life when I needed it. I will always rate it 10+. I love Meteorite. I see this issue with The Art of Letting Go, but I love it all the same.

For me, the absolute worst stuff came either during the Charmbracelet era (most of that album is offensively beige), certain tracks off Me. I Am Mariah, and then everything released post that album and Caution (Infinity, I Don't, The Star all being terrible).

My most notable skips would actually be Shake It Off and Get Your Number. Her two biggest hits that I just do not like. Too much Jermaine Dupri, and that awful MDF-quality mid-00s hip-hop production.

Enjoy Infinity but it is a bit of a mess

Absolutely not!

I would chuck a good half of the Rainbow album in though :emoji_rainbow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom