Least favourite Mariah songs?

My least favourite songs would be mostly from her post-Glitter albums.
Hits wise it would have to be Don’t Forget About Us and Shake It Off.

Shake It Off is a masterpiece!

My 3 least fave Mariah songs (off the top of my head) would be:

• Bye Bye
  • One Sweet Day (en duo avec Boyz II Men)
  • When I Saw You

Last edited:
Yeah When I Saw You is brilliant. Daydream is pretty magnificent from start to finish.

Don't Forget About Us is some absolute nonsense. Love Story and Last Kiss off E=MC2. Plenty of Charmbracelet, Rainbow (her worst album) and bits of Glitter. and a couple of the rubbish plink plonk tracks on Memoirs, plus the random one-off singles like Infinity, I Don't, Triumphant (sorry @Loufoque)... her quality control post-Butterfly has not exactly been WATERTIGHT, despite plenty of towering highs.

I love Bye Bye in all its shamelessly-toasting-dead-relatives-while-frolicking-naked-on-the-beach glory. :disco:

"no, you never got to see me back at number one" will never not get me. I can't relate, having never been successful in the first place to then endure a flop era and enjoy a comeback, but I am a delicate, empathetic soul.

"no, you never got to see me back at number one" will never not get me. I can't relate, having never been successful in the first place to then endure a flop era and enjoy a comeback, but I am a delicate, empathetic soul.

:D:D:D

It's sad yet predictable that Madonna stans from the 90s hate on the Billboard catnip that was the Daydream era. When we all know the music from that era was flawless.

I've always disliked Daydream as an album. Yes it was her True Blue and all that but it's just so schmaltzy and icky. "Fantasy" and "Always be my Baby" are COLOSSAL, of course, and I do love "Underneath the Stars" and "Looking In" but the rest of it can fuck off.

I do love Music Box though and yet that's practically even more cheesy so there you go :D

I enjoy Bye Bye because it's inoffensive, but what happened to her lyricism? The woman who gave us The Roof, Petals, Betcha Gon' Know, etc. served us up Bye Bye?

I've always disliked Daydream as an album. Yes it was her True Blue and all that but it's just so schmaltzy and icky. "Fantasy" and "Always be my Baby" are COLOSSAL, of course, and I do love "Underneath the Stars" and "Looking In" but the rest of it can fuck off.
We have to cancel for lack of recognition of the album's stellar R&B moments, like Long Ago and Melt Away. And AS IF any self-respecting 90s queen can withstand the temptation to lip the living shit out of Forever in a great gown, beautiful gown.

Oh yeah I like 'Long Ago' as well. :disco:

I used to stan 'Forever' as a 15 year old (hand movements from live perf included bien sur). Not so much now.

It's sad yet predictable that Madonna stans from the 90s hate on the Billboard catnip that was the Daydream era. When we all know the music from that era was flawless.

They're doing it for self-promotion and we will keep them in our prayers.
They always show up to our parties uninvited and drunk.

I mean, we can only stan / wig! / great gowns, beautiful gowns, etc. but of course the lambs know that this version is dUbbed (the True Queen of Pop being the perfectionist she is) so we prefer the Rotterdam or London clips as they give us the raw, stripped peak Daydream era vocals :disco:

I think there are Mariah songs I've not crazy about, or ones that are loved that I find really overrated, but I honestly don't think I hate any of her songs. Not a single one.

I think there are Mariah songs I've not crazy about, or ones that are loved that I find really overrated, but I honestly don't think I hate any of her songs. Not a single one.

Aside from the ones I've mentioned before I don't think I actively hate some of them that I wouldn't either ACTIVELY look up on youtube, spotify, etc as well such as One Sweet Day, Hero or Without You though I would absolutely lose my shit if I saw them live.

Yeah just because you don't actively put them on doesn't mean you don't enjoy them when they come on shuffle or on the radio.

Yeah just because you don't actively put them on doesn't mean you don't enjoy them when they come on shuffle or on the radio.

they're so OVERPLAYED for me that they're just "there", there's no denying on the huge success they had or that they're good songs, I just don't find them as essential as water so I can live my life properly just like it happens with My All, The Roof, Always Be My Baby, Can't Lt Go, etc.

On topic I hate so many of those early glossy,cliched ballads she was known for (Vision of Love aside, it’s wonderful). I have all her albums and would say she has quite a few tracks that bore me rather than I hate. However her best stuff is superb. I do like The Art of Letting Go though, I saw that mentioned.

Last edited:
We stan a glossy self-help ballad.

I just lipped the shit out of Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme). I wish she had done more songs with Diane, even if they hated one another. I think it might be in my Mariah Top 10.

I cannot tolerate any critique towards the perfect set of singles-with-no-albums she released in a row: Triumphant - Almost Home - #beautiful - The Art of Letting Go.

That said, I still don't know what she was thinking making this album if she was actually aiming for a comeback at the time. It's probably her only album that lacks a SINGLE.

However, I stand by my long-term view that My Saving Grace is the best song on the album (I Know What You Want aside). It would slot in nicely on Daydream, actually.

That said, I still don't know what she was thinking making this album if she was actually aiming for a comeback at the time. It's probably her only album that lacks a SINGLE.

IMHO same case with "Memories..." except for Obsessed which still slaps so hard these days but what the fuck was she thinking with More than just friends, Angels cry, Ribbon, Candy bling, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom