Least favourite Mariah songs?

However, I stand by my long-term view that My Saving Grace is the best song on the album (I Know What You Want aside). It would slot in nicely on Daydream, actually.

She never, ever gets those gospel-y, soaring, inspirational ballads wrong!

Why did no one tell me You Had Your Chance SLAPS? I don't think I have paid attention to her since she didn't used to be popular in like 03.

IMHO same case with "Memories..." except for Obsessed which still slaps so hard these days but what the fuck was she thinking with More than just friends, Angels cry, Ribbon, Candy bling, etc.
Yes, but at least Memoirs HAD Obsessed, which is frankly would have flopped given where her career was at that point, had it not slapped SO SO HARD. Charmbracelet had... Through The Rain, which is lovely, but not a #1 SANGLE.

off the top of my head:

01 don't forget about us
02 bye bye
03 thank god i found you

In a strange way, it felt like Charmbracelet WAS a bit of a comeback until TEOM put it all in perspective. "Through the Rain" bombed at radio but the narrative and everything about the promotional campaign, Oprah etc positioned it as if it was a return to commercial form for her. I was shocked to see it made something like #81 on the Hot 100 years later.

The only thing on Charmbracelet that sounds like it could have been a hit in 2002/2003 was "Boy".

That said, I still don't know what she was thinking making this album if she was actually aiming for a comeback at the time. It's probably her only album that lacks a SINGLE.
Through The Rain did quite well though!

(in the U.K. - #8 I think?)

Last edited:
Reactions: SDF
If I hear ONE more bad thing about Charmbracelet, I'm gonna get very cross!

Lullaby is the star.

YHYC, Yours, You Got Me and Boy are fundamental

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom