Leaving Neverland

Michael Jackson's paedophilia is a useful future excuse for his fat sister to JANCEL a tour.

It's awful but one of my first thoughts with all this was, "thank god it's not Kate Bush or Madonna". Those POOR MJ loons (and Ellie).

I haven't bothered with it yet. If it offers nothing new except graphic descriptions of the physical abuse then I'm not sure there's much point. I suppose it re-highlights all the mounting evidence against him but for what? Is it enough that anything will actually be done? Unless we end up with loads of people admitting cover ups like Saville then surely it'll all just fizzle out because otherwise it's a case of "what's new?", only he's DEAD so what can come of it? It clearly needs more than this documentary...

Of course the best thing that could come of him being seen as all but guilty is perhaps I won't have to listen to fucking "Ben" incessantly in my house every time the BOOZE comes out :argh:

Oh, I forgot one of my FB friends is an MJ loon. She's now defending him in the comments of various articles :rolleyes:

It's awful but one of my first thoughts with all this was, "thank god it's not Kate Bush or Madonna". Those POOR MJ loons (and Ellie).

This is actually more compassionate than it looks at first sight. People invest so much in the music they love and something like this has the potential to carve a hole in someone's self-care, their self-esteem re. judge of character, their life.

I know Mark E Smith was a rotten bastard but if it came out he did anything like what is being alleged here, I wouldn't know where to put myself. But then I never idolised the man, just the music.

Y'know, I don't want to sound like a LOON, because I'm really not, but what is baffling me about this is just what has changed? I haven't seen the documentary (I know, I know, I should...) but no one has produced any actual EVIDENCE, have they? It's just these twos word vs a dead man's. Is there something I'm missing? (Quite possible, I confess).

Do not get me wrong- I absolutely think there is something very wrong with the whole situation, but I don't understand what has made everyone so convinced of his guilt, other than the #metoo environment we live in currently making it "wrong" to question anyone who accuses someone in these matters...

I think when you do watch it you might see why. It just seems impossible that they and their families have made up the whole thing.

People are lazy; written accounts are never absorbed in the same way as a television programme. What this has laid in front of people is more than they've had to deal with before (in the main).

Y'know, I don't want to sound like a LOON, because I'm really not, but what is baffling me about this is just what has changed? I haven't seen the documentary (I know, I know, I should...) but no one has produced any actual EVIDENCE, have they? It's just these twos word vs a dead man's. Is there something I'm missing? (Quite possible, I confess).

Do not get me wrong- I absolutely think there is something very wrong with the whole situation, but I don't understand what has made everyone so convinced of his guilt, other than the #metoo environment we live in currently making it "wrong" to question anyone who accuses someone in these matters...
WATCH. THE. FUCKING. PROGRAMME.

I would like Derren Brown to watch it and tell us all whether they are lying or not.

A couple of body language experts have already done this and have said they are not lying. Simple things such as when Jimmy said Michael touched him, he did a hand action to mirror this and the hand action came just before the spoken words. Also eye movements, biting of lips, and the way the story was structured. If someone is telling the truth, it’s split into three parts- the intro or setting the scene, the actual detail of what happened and a conclusion and it’s split around 25/50/25. When someone is lying often most of the story given is the introduction - and the actual details are not the main part. One of the experts said she was adamant it was all lies until she watched it and then totally changed her mind.

Interesting!

The way Jimmy's hands were shaking when he was handing the jewellery as well - I don't think you can fake that.

@Sheena you haven’t watched it? How can you have a an opinion on it then? All I’ll say is if you do watch it then be prepared.

I’ve not got an opinion on it- read what I wrote and stop getting your panties in a twist. I was asking a question!

I found it so compelling because there was consistent audio, visual and documentary backing throughout everyone's narrative. For example, that audio recording of Jimmy conducting that mock interview of MJ is chilling because you can literally hear the EXCITEMENT/infatuation/obsession in MJ's voice when he's talking to Jimmy. The grooming of the boys and their families is also reflected in the photos/videos presented in the documentary. And let's not forget that MJ himself admitted to SLEEPING WITH CHILDREN. Is it really that far fetched to believe he took it one step further in light of all these accounts and that he certainly had the means to do so?

I already donate most of my paychecks to help the Subway guy's fight for justice, looks like I'm going to starve for a few days.

(but seriously, anyone who gave to that campaign should have all of their money confiscated and be forced to learn the REAL meanings behind some Jackson classics)

I really don't see her point. Even if you have some sympathy for him, surely the best thing to do right now is just shut up? That and the '...well, it didn't kill them!' part is just inexcusable.

Yeah, that phrase in PARTICULAR feels really ill-advised at the moment. She clearly didn’t mean it LITERALLY, but people are likely to read from it that unless victims of abuse are driven to try and end their lives, they must be doing FINE.

Apparently the BBC's ban doesn't count on Halloween.

Will be interesting to see where Thriller reaches on iTunes and Spotify in comparison to last year.

Nearly 18 months on and I would say his reputation hasn't been anywhere near as tarnished as it should be.

I had a look at Twitter the other day when people were sharing which celebrities' deaths had affected them the most. Several said him and the replies were 95% positive. On Twitter.

I just don't think it stuck. :zombie:

I'm not taking sides, since I've not seen the the document, but there HAS been a lot of controversy about the credibility of the document.

Personally I think he propably was a dirty paedo, but there's also the possibility that he WAS NOT. A possibility that he was just a troubled person with personality issues, who loved being around children. Didn't he spend a lot of time with boys, who say he never harmed them, like Macaulay Culkin?

The point I'm trying to make is, is that I don't know. And you don't know either.

A possibility that he was just a troubled person with personality issues, who loved being around children.
Yeah, this is the kind of thing people say before they watch it.

You should really watch it.

Last edited:
Nearly 18 months on and I would say his reputation hasn't been anywhere near as tarnished as it should be.

I had a look at Twitter the other day when people were sharing which celebrities' deaths had affected them the most. Several said him and the replies were 95% positive. On Twitter.

I just don't think it stuck. :zombie:

I saw #MichaelJacksonVindicated trending on Twitter the other day but didn’t explore it... was it in reference to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom