Les McKeown DEAD

I was gonna post this, but I wondered if there was a less Moopy friendly act like the Bay City Rollers.

I was gonna post this, but I wondered if there was a less Moopy friendly act like the Bay City Rollers.
They're too young to be of our parents' generation and were old hat by the time most of us were kids. I only really remember a brief early 90s comeback where they appeared on some morning shows to promote a tour.

I can't even think of one of their songs and I have a pretty good knowledge of 70s no.1s.

They're too young to be of our parents' generation and were old hat by the time most of us were kids. I only really remember a brief early 90s comeback where they appeared on some morning shows to promote a tour.
Although kids born in the mid 80s might have parents who were fans

Actually Bye Bye Baby I know.

Apparently they've had 22 different members down the years!

Don't recall either.

Didn't they make it big in the US about three years after the event?

I am pretty sure I saw them at an 80’s festival around 10 years ago? Well, they were headlining so were last on and by that time I was far too drunk to remember ANYTHING.

Did they not get mega ripped off by their management and ended up with nothing after years of success?

Oh I recall his 'work'. There's a running theme of middle aged homosexuals with a tendency for sexual abuse managing boy bands. Didn't NSync have a particularly dodgy manager? I recall a UK one in the 1990s possibly manager of East 17.
Tom Watkins

No apparent allegations however "Watkins has been described by Neil Tennant as "a big man with a loud voice"

I knew they had one disco-ish song and found it:

Mainly posted for the quite furious looking girl in the audience at 1.55.

I know people who work at a ticketing agency, and whenever Lee would perform at little venues dotted around, they would have to check the ticket list for a woman who had been STALKING HIM for decades and was banned from his gigs. She always booked a ticket without fail, and someone always had to call her up and tell her she was not allowed to go.

Hope she didn't get him.

Last edited:
The Bay City Rollers sold 120 million records. That is MASSIVE but they just don’t seem like a band that were on that scale.

They were in their prime when I was born and were over by the time I was at school so, within my lifetime but not my consciousness.

Tam Paton was a paedo who completely ripped the band off. He didn't get done because of his "connections".

I know people who work at a ticketing agency, and whenever Lee would perform at little venues dotted around, they would have to check the ticket list for a woman who had been STALKING HIM for decades and was banned from his gigs. She always booked a ticket without fail, and someone always had to call her up and tell her she was not allowed to go.

Hope she didn't get him.
My old manager ran away from home as a young teen to follow them around the country. They were an obsession for a while.

Mum went to see them a couple of years back at a castle here. And I like Shang a Lang. She didn't cry though, just laughed when we asked if she was upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom