Let's talk SPIRITS

‘Twas the eve of St Wigan’s Day and I had decided to bestow a visit to the most evil bitch I knew. Minutes after arriving and convinced I had just seen a ghost, I ran out of Penelope’s house screaming for my life. Boy was my face red when it turned out it was just our Poison Pen trying out her new face cream!

This topic is making me want to BUILD UP a drinks cabinet of my own :D Despite almost entirely being a wine drinker, or beer if I'm in the mood to feel FLABBY the next day.

I don't drink a lot of spirits, but a Campari Soda is probably my favourite ever drink :disco: I'm not into SWEET COCKTAILS at all, but I'm all over a well made negroni or martini if AVAILABLE.

I wish Vermouth was easier to buy around where I live (CENTRAL HACKNEY!), both dry white and red varieties. You can't just plop it in the basket as none of the supermarkets round here SELL IT! :argh: Maybe this topic will inspire me to hang around more ARTISAN BOTTLE SHOPS!*

*or more likely: WEBSITES, who can be FUCKED talking to people in real life!

I wish Vermouth was easier to buy around where I live (CENTRAL HACKNEY!), both dry white and red varieties. You can't just plop it in the basket as none of the supermarkets round here SELL IT! :argh: Maybe this topic will inspire me to hang around more ARTISAN BOTTLE SHOPS!*

*or more likely: WEBSITES, who can be FUCKED talking to people in real life!

Oh the must sell the Martini brand AT THE VERY LEAST!

Even though that's only fit for cooking with.

That's cos it's on Friday and they needed to post all the samples out! They arrived today and they're TINY. 25 or 30ml I guess but they're in pouches so it's hard to tell. I haven't done an event with this company before.

Let me know how it goes. Oh and if you have any other recommendations, do share.

I have nothing to add to spirit discussion, but @monsta's drinks cabinet is a thing of absolute beauty.

I’m not gonna lie. I probably need to pimp mine up like @monsta ‘s.

I don’t have space for all my whiskies either. :(

Guys, following the events of this thread earlier in the week I can confirm I LOOKED A BIT HARDER when plopping around Morrisons, and am now the proud owner of a litre of both ROSSO VERMOUTH and extra dry BLANCO :disco:

Let's hope I don't gobble it all tonight eh :eyes:

Apart from a bit of mansplaining from the host early on, it was good. They had whiskies from Scotland, Wales, Sweden and NZ, so quite international :disco: The Swedish one tasted like being in a PINE FOREST. The Welsh was my favourite, a Penderyn Madeira cask, but I already have their Portwood so I knew I was going to like it.

So these are female producers? What was the point in having a male host? :manson:

So I’ve been on Koku Kanu coconut rum tonight and it is splendid!

Well I had the most starling come down after three of these. I’ve had to pour myself a cup of joe.

Our next online meetup is infusing our own shiz at home. I'm trying 5 different things in vodka :basil:

This was last night.

04 Pistachio - disappointing considering I LOVE pistachios :( Better mixed with some Baileys.
09 Mince pie - definitely doing some more of this for Christmas.
09 Sesame (Fat wash with toasted sesame oil) - OMG revelation! Somehow it mellows the vodka and totally removes the burn. Definitely trying more fat washes in future.
07 Haribo - it went all gelatinous and WEIRD but was still quite tasty.
10 Oreo - YAAAAS!

This was last night.

04 Pistachio - disappointing considering I LOVE pistachios :( Better mixed with some Baileys.
09 Mince pie - definitely doing some more of this for Christmas.
09 Sesame (Fat wash with toasted sesame oil) - OMG revelation! Somehow it mellows the vodka and totally removes the burn. Definitely trying more fat washes in future.
07 Haribo - it went all gelatinous and WEIRD but was still quite tasty.
10 Oreo - YAAAAS!

Hold ON. Are you telling me you infused ACTUAL mince pies in a jar of vodka? That sounds rank @Kate. I imagine the fat from the pastry would leach out.

YES. Honestly it worked. I filtered it so that will have got some of the fat out, but there were still delicious pastry notes :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom