Lil Nas X - Industry Baby

I mean this is what he's up against

Rapper DaBaby has been criticised for comments he made at a US festival about people with HIV and gay men.
Performing at Rolling Loud festival in Miami, he invited every audience member to "put your cell phone light up" apart from those who were HIV-positive or were gay men who had sex in car parks.
He also claimed HIV will "make you die in two or three weeks".
Medication helping those with HIV to live long, healthy lives has been available for decades.
DaBaby's comments were supported by rapper TI, who said if Lil Nas X - who regularly asserts his sexuality onstage - was able to say and do as he liked, then DaBaby should be able to do the same.
But DaBaby's faced criticism from many others, including the UK's leading HIV and Aids charity.

"It's wrong for people living with HIV to be made to feel lesser or excluded because of their diagnosis - it should be unacceptable in the music industry and in society at large," says Richard Angell, campaigns director at the Terrence Higgins Trust (THT).
"Comments like DaBaby's perpetuate HIV-related stigma and discrimination, as well as spreading misinformation about HIV.
"You can now live a long, healthy life with HIV thanks to medical progress when you're diagnosed and accessing treatment."
Medication to manage HIV and stop it spreading has been available since 1996.
The introduction of pre-exposure prophylaxis (Prep), which can be taken by people who do not have HIV to prevent catching it, has helped to reduce infection numbers.
People who have HIV and are on treatment can be undetectable - meaning their blood carries such low amounts of the virus that they are unable to pass it on to others.

Following the backlash, DaBaby spoke on his Instagram story, saying what he does at his shows "does not concern" people online.
"What I do at the live show is for the audience at the live show. It'll never translate to somebody looking at at a five, six-second clip," he said.

He then accused people on the internet of "twisting" his words and claims he is appreciated by straight and gay fans.
He went on to claim his gay fans do not have Aids, and called people with the illness "nasty" and "junkies on the street".
"Even my gay fans got standards," he added.
DaBaby is currently in the US Top Ten as a guest artist on Dua Lipa's hit, Levitating, and has a clothing collaboration with Boohoo.
Boohoo says DaBaby's comments go against its "core values".
"Boohoo condemns the use of homophobic language and [we] are reviewing the relationship with DaBaby," the retailer told Newsbeat in a statement.
"We pride ourselves on representing the diverse customers we serve across the globe."

This DaBaby stuff is one that I've just had to scroll past and not delve into for my own SANITY. It's really so depressing, every single time we move forward...

tenor.gif

Dababy is such a dick. Especially since he was on a Lil Nas X song

Imagine having the audacity to criticise other people when you call yourself DABABY :manson:

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Montero but I really like this! The video is a great pop moment and all the godawful excuses homophobes are coming out to hate on it are RATHER TRANSPARENT wouldn't you say.

I do wish he wouldn't call women "bitches" so we could all lift each other against the patriarchy etc but I am frankly not AU FAIT with 2021 RAP so maybe it's been reclaimed somehow.

WHY THE FUCK is ED SHEERAN still #1 when THIS is out?! :evil:

I honestly thought the multi-racial pregnant man emoji album cover was the one he was going for. That's much better.

I honestly thought the multi-racial pregnant man emoji album cover was the one he was going for. That's much better.
I prefer the sheer scale, concept and ambition of the actual cover, and the fact that he is seemingly going all in, no fucks given.

the pregnancy thing is wearing pretty thin. he's funny but he sure knows how to drive a joke into the ground

He's pissing people off who I like being pissed off. Has it been a week yet? Either way, I'm happy for him to continue trolling until the album is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom