Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay (I Missed You)

I thought I'd live forever, but now i'm not too sure

• Total voters
U

untitled

One of my all time favourite songs. A big worldwide hit but her only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just read that she now has her own glasses collection!

A great song. She always reminds me of Velma from Scooby Doo.

She's done alright for herself really. She still has something of a profile in America. This is her most recent single from earlier this year.

Last edited:
Love this one. Sure, it's a bit TWEE but it's one of the few songs that I still like as much now as I did when I was 7!

It's not QUITE as tepid and vomit inducing as 'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None The Richer. But it's getting there.

Adore the song, but still feel a sense of injusitce that she won Best International Newcomer ahead of Marcy Detroit.

The Reality Bites soundtrack is quite marvellous. My Sharona, Tempted, Baby I Love Your Way, this, Spin The Bottle, Locked Out. Ben Stiller is working on a TV version of it.

It's not QUITE as tepid and vomit inducing as 'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None The Richer. But it's getting there.

Aww no. I loved that. I was really into Sixpence None the Richer for like a year. I haven't really listened since, but there's still a residual fondness. One of their albums wad really good.

Actually, sorry, I was confusing it ENTIRELY with "Kiss Me" for some reason, which I really do give a zero to. This is at LEAST a one, perhaps a TWO on a good day

You said that I was naive
And
I thought that I was strong
I thought, hey I could leave, I could leave oh
But now I know
That I was wrong
Cause I missed you

:(

Love it.

She actually did have a couple of other hits in America, though of course nobody remembers them now. 'I Do' was always my fave.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SM4uwLTiDPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LOVE IT

Firecracker was a good album too but of course Tails remains one of my all time favourite albums.

I may or may not have bought the Japanese vinyl reissue of Tails on Discogs at a [redacted] price after my recent LL binge.

Btw I also love Waiting for Wednesday, released as a single in USA from her debut album and totally forgotten now, except on Alla's ipod, on heavy rotation lately.

Actually

Bottom line

You tell the truth
Sometimes

But sometimes
You tell the truth

Like you're

Pulling TAFFY.

Well angry emoji aside I suppose out of context it is. Not that I know what the context is and NOR DO YOU

I just like how she sounds crabby and blunt sometimes, the same way I like Sarah from Dubstar when she does it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom