Lithuania 2019: Jurijus - Run With The Lions

VoR

Take it or leave it
Disappointing lack of wild eyed wolf women and melon-crushing drag queens in the Lithuanian national selection this year, but they do have a very strong contender in Monika Marija.

She has two songs in the mix this year, which is risky. But Light On appears to be the one. I could see this doing very nicely indeed for Lithuania in Tel Aviv.

Her second entry is a much more traditional Euro-ballad. Would still likely qualify and do well, but it's a lot less current.

If she does end up cancelling herself out, Jurijus is the one to watch to sneak past her. Although with Lithuania, pretty much anything could happen.

Her second entry is a much more traditional Euro-ballad. Would still likely qualify and do well, but it's a lot less current.

She has withdrawn it from the Final to avoid splitting votes.

There is a silver lining, in it's place this is replacing it apparently (since it was the next closest to qualify in that SF). :D/:disco:

“Light On” is definitely the better of the two and would be a good entry for them but I went off it a bit when I realised it sounds not dissimilar to “I’ll Be There” by Jess Glynne :(

And Lithuania once again throw it all away at the eleventh hour for some bland shit. EVERY TIME!

It feels like something that would've competed in the Danish National Final 3 years ago. :D

Not necessarily a bad thing, just nothing special.

Monika will be devastated, after paying the fine to withdraw Criminal.

Run with the Lions was online in February 2018 on Soundcloud, it has now gone, but LRT said it was fine. Though if Monika complains...though I doubt it, it wouldn't look good on her. She could have gone top 10 I think. This will qualify but not do much, another case of it's ok but painfully average. Seems to be a recurring theme this year.

Run with the Lions was online in February 2018 on Soundcloud, it has now gone, but LRT said it was fine. Though if Monika complains...though I doubt it, it wouldn't look good on her. She could have gone top 10 I think. This will qualify but not do much, another case of it's ok but painfully average. Seems to be a recurring theme this year.

From what I read on a Lithuanian website, someone on Monika's management started the investigation in the first place. :D Monika had nothing to do with this supposedly but given the backlash she got from withdrawing 'Criminal' already, she may want to avoid complaining like you said.

Supposedly EBU has greenlit the entry to stay in the National Final. For now though they're evaluating if it qualifies as a commercial release or not. Apparently though even if the song is disqualified, LRT holds the right in the National Final rules to still send Jurijus (albeit with a different song).

It's a little baffling, Monika is clearly the best singer that's ever been in a Lithuanian NF, but maybe she's just not seen as likeable? I wonder if after this she'll not bother again.

I've heard this at least five times and I cannot for the life of me get any part of it to stick in my head.

Apparently a revamp is on the way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom