Lithuania 2022: Monika Liu - Sentimentai

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any

--
[ORIGINAL POST]

No news on the selection yet, but The Roop have put 'Eurovision 2022' in the title of the Youtube upload of their latest track, *and* the song is 3 minutes long...

Last edited:
Ugh no, move on. Don’t be like Keiino.

If the frontman was ugly I don’t think Moopy would’ve permitted his annoying hand dances

They can come back when they top I’m on Fire, until then STAY AWAY.

And to be honest, Lithuania are hardly FULL TO THE BRIM with QUALITY. If they can’t produce a National final with the quality of 2020 then I’m more than happy for The Roop to get the ticket every year.

Plus when you look at how HUGE they were after On Fire/Discoteque you can’t blame them for wanting to replicate that success.

What, send one of the best songs of the Eurovision season as their followup?

KEiiNO weren't the problem. Norwegians were.

Well that was alright, but just hanging around singing acapella versions of perfect bangers in some public green space in Rotterdam was just not it

I wouldn't mind it being the entry if they are going for it, but it probably won't say much good about the Lithuanian crop if it is - not least because they've generally had one of the more interesting national finals in recent years.

THIS was their peak! :oi:

She's back! :disco:

1. Aldegunda
2. Artūras Aleksiejus – Alekas
3. Augustė Vedrickaitė – Augustė
4. „Basas Pegasas“
5. „Clockwork Creep“
6. Elonas Pokanevič
7. Emilijana
8. Emilija Valiukevičiūtė – Emilija V
9. Erica Jennings
10. Gabrielė Goštautaitė
11. GABREA
12. Gebrasy
13. Geleibra
14. Gintarė Korsakaitė
15. Ieva Zasimauskaitė
16. Joseph June
17. Justė Kraujelytė
18. Justin 3 feat. nanaart
19. Lolita Zero
20. Mary Mo
21. „Mėnulio fazė“
22. Monika Linkytė
23. Monika Liu
24. „Moosu X“
25. Cosmic Bride
26. „Queens of Roses“
27. Rūta Loop
28. Sun Francisco
29. Titas ir Benas
30. Urtė Šilagalytė
31. Vasha
32. Viktorija Faith
33. Viktorija Kajokaitė
34. Vilija Matačiūnaitė
35. Voldemars Petersons ir „the Break Hearters“
36. Živilė Gedvilaitė

THIRTY SIX though! Is it going to be twenty years long AGAIN?

9. Erica Jennings
15. Ieva Zasimauskaitė
22. Monika Linkytė
34. Vilija Matačiūnaitė
I make that 4 former ESC representatives returning (possibly 5 if Jurijus is doing Lolita Zero’s voice again). The Baltics are going full Melfest this year it seems.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT at the return of LOLITA FUCKING ZERO!

I don't know how to feel. How can she possibly top PERFECTION?!

Apparently LRT has given €1500 to each act to put towards their performance for the first time this year too so they clearly do have a bit of an eye on competing with the Melfests of the world (even though I’d imagine €1500 in itself doesn’t go all that far especially if they’re having to perform the thing 7 times).

Heat one of this last night - this won and is basically the only one worth bothering with out of the six qualifiers:

Is this your first time experiencing the ludicrous war of attrition that is the Lithuanian selection? :D

It goes on forever, they knock out about two songs per week and by the end the viewers are so tired and bewildered that they just vote for some tuneless freeform jazz number.

It’s perfect. :disco:

The format actually looks relatively restrained by Lithuanian standards this year - three heats of 12 songs each with six qualifiers, two semi finals of 9 songs each, online repechage round to buy Lolita Zero into the final if she didn't qualify otherwise, FINAL :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom