Little Fires Everywhere

Reese W's latest book-based TV vehicle. Two episodes in and it's pretty good so far.

I loved the book - not sure if we did it for Moopy Book Club - maybe we should (have).

We just got this added yesterday, I want to watch it. I was lukewarm on the book (good but definitely written with an adaptation in mind).

Oh I started watching this too last night. I’m a couple of episodes in and I quite like it. Are we supposed to like either Reese or Kerry’s characters? :D

2 episodes in and this is great. They’re both playing to type (unlikeable women but for different reasons).

Hopefully it does a Sharp Objects and keeps it to one season rather than needlessly drag it out like Big Little Lies.

Finished episode 5 yesterday. I must say compared to The Morning Show, this is a real SLOG. Something makes me think this should have been a regular 2 hour film because there's just not enough plot to fill 8 hour long episodes. Also Kerry Washington really isn't a good actress at all.

I finished this last night

Just like the book I found the actual reason for the fire to be weak and it was even made more so when it became the other 3 kids having an epiphany that the house is the issue.

Also don’t like how Mia gets absolved of all the awful shit she’s done while Elena turns into a cartoon villain in the end.

Still very enjoyable and I’m loving the soundtrack.

Three episodes down and it is fucking amazing :D
Loving a bit more Kerry Washington now Scandal has finished

OK, so the last four episodes were much better. It should have been six episodes instead of eight.

Reese really is very good in this role. You can tell Elena can’t help herself with the things she says and then immediately hates herself afterwards, but then continues to be a narcissist cunt in denial.

Just finished this. I loved how they changed the book to make it about race- really interesting- but changing the fire starter was just fucking stupid. Ruined the ending for me- so unbelievable.

Thought the acting was top notch- yes Reese was playing exactly the same character as she has done lately on the surface but the nuance she imbued it with was fantastic. The scenes with the two leads just crackled, so much chemistry.

Anyway, hopefully no second series. Just no need.

Late to the party (as always) since I ditched Netflix, I started digging into Prime and I really liked this.
The faces Kerry Washington pulls are bloody irritating and wanted to smash her face at pretty much every scene she appeared.

What was the reason for the fire in the book? I also thought that what happened was rather not believable, so I'm curious about the original idea on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom