Little Women

Whatdidyouthink?

• Total voters

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)

This is just brilliant. It's looks stunning, the acting is near perfect and the alterations were clever and didn't take away from the story.

The ambiguous ending worked wonderfully and was apparently in line with what LMA wanted originally(?). It was clever in that they gave the traditionalists the marriage but toyed with it. The final scene being the publication was good in that it suggested the ending was fictional.

Also, the juxtaposition between Jo running down the stairs the first time Beth was I'll versus the second was heartbreaking.

I thought this was lovely and warm and very enjoyable. I enjoyed that she mixed the timelines and even though I knew it was coming Beth’s death scene packed a punch.

I love Florence Pugh and her Amy was perfect.

The only thing that was a bit off were the ages, Florence Pugh reads much older and she’s supposed to be the youngest.

It was OK. I came to hate Laurie because who the fuck needs to show Little Women in a Pulp Fiction style non linear way? It made him look like a dick that was stringing both Amy and Jo along. Greta Gerwig is such a terrible director - I originally thought it was her half hearted writing with her original screenplays, but how do you screw up Little Women? It really takes some doing.

Yes Florence did seem way too old, especially compared to the actress who played Beth.

But aside from that I loved this so much.

I liked it, I didn't love it, and yes, Amy as a child was ridiculously too old. I thought Florence Pugh was excellent, though.

i love little women (and greta gerwig) and was really looking forward to this and then i saw the trailer tonight and it looks fuck awful. please tell me the movie is better than that dreary glimpse.

JUST BECAUSE

EWbPQ2FUMAAU54X.jpg

Reactions: GNL
it was like I nostalgically remember all movies in the 90s to be like: warm, fuzzy, naïve, pretty much two and a half hours of peace

by the way, has anyone found any Laurie/Friedrich slash fiction yet? asking for a quarantined friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom