Lizzo - About Damn Time / Special (album)

POP!

Let the light in
Album is out 7/15/22. Lead single is "About Damn Time" which is OUT NOW. #36 debut on Spotify - is that any good @Jark ?

diablocial Spotify debut. it's not top 100 on global.

no hype, no anticipation, no tangible interest from Lizzo herself... the song is shit...

I like the concept but the single is a tad too disco pastiche for me. That moment kind of came and went in 2015. Rooting for her though.

hagCeLY.gif

The song is quite explicitly about her last single flopping, isn’t it?

I quite like it.

I'm quite happy with Lizzo going the disco pastiche route, but in execution this is a tad anaemic.

I have no problem with the Nile Rodgers direction but the whole persona has worn very thin. Every Lizzie song since the first couple has basically been

Oh hey I’m back
Where my big girls at
Haters gonna hate
Life’s been shit but let’s dance

200.gif

I don’t think it’s her fault, but the sound mixing on that SNL performance is awful!

Last edited:
Sorry, but this song is glorious.

Lana Del Rey has literally been releasing the exact same song every 3 months since 2011, but nobody calls her out for it. I wonder why? :eyes:

Last edited:
she did a great job hosting SNL and had some really solid skits. The Black Eyed Peas one was funny. the second song she did was the album's title track and this one actually sounds cute. vocally she goes ALL IN!

Sorry, but this song is glorious.

Lana Del Rey has literally been releasing the exact same song every 3 months since 2011, but nobody calls her out for it. I wonder why? :eyes:

:D!

Well I think it’s alright, but I’m unlikely to ever think about it again.

I feel the same way about most LDR songs so… I guess I’m not a racist? Someone please confirm

:D!

Well I think it’s alright, but I’m unlikely to ever think about it again.

I feel the same way about most LDR songs so… I guess I’m not a racist? Someone please confirm

Hang on @POP! Why am I the one getting the angry reaction here?

After a slow start this seems to be taking off. Up 64 places on Spotify today and playlisted on Radio 1.

(Also sorry for the Lana shade. I was drunk. I do think it’s early to write Lizzo off for having a clearly defined style though)

This is flying now. #17 USA, #21 UK. Shaping up to be a summer smash. :disco:

I'm hearing this everywhere now. Lizzo is BACK

up 12 spots to 21 on Spotify global today. I'm shocked they wrestled a hit from this but good for her :D despite her mediocre music I do root for her

About Damn Time up to #4 in the first midweek.

I noticed that. Exploded hasn't it. Always nice to see a proper fun pop tune doing well these days no matter who it is

Jumps 50-19 this week on the Hot 100. It will likely reach the top ten next week or the week after that (there is some Future clogging the charts).

Assuming it doesn’t drop from the midweek, that would already make it her highest charting UK single. Good As Hell peaked at #7.

I have no problem with the Nile Rodgers direction but the whole persona has worn very thin. Every Lizzie song since the first couple has basically been

Oh hey I’m back
Where my big girls at
Haters gonna hate
Life’s been shit but let’s dance

200.gif
Can we cancel F now please?

I noticed this just exploded on streaming this past week, or was it always lingering around? What caused it to do that. Was there PROMO? Did she do the ONE SHOW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom