Lizzo - Juice

Tempo is trash

I was sort of hoping for more along the lines of Juice but I’m not sure we’re going to get it
Yeah I think Juice might be a massive misnomer. Tempo has a great verse or 2 from Missy but the rest is some lukewarm garbage

As suspected there is nothing on the album like Juice :(

As suspected there is nothing on the album like Juice :(

No it is definitely an outlier. I gave the album a quick listen and I do like a fair bit of it - Soulmate and Lingerie stood out - but she could do with dialling down the shoutathons.

Also I get that she maybe didn't want to fill the album up with old stuff but Boys should really have been included.

I haven't heard it, but after browsing the Spotify charts it appears the latest single (Truth Hurts) is taking off really well.

Now #9 on US Spotify (Juice peaked again today - at #80 something), already #71 in the UK (about 40 places above where Juice peaked) etc.

I think it’s to do with that Tik Tok app

I see on Spotify they've already cobbled together a deluxe version of the album with Truth Hurts (as well as Boys and Water Me) tacked on.

I see on Spotify they've already cobbled together a deluxe version of the album with Truth Hurts (as well as Boys and Water Me) tacked on.

They always should have been, I guess it makes even more sense since Truth Hurts took off

I’ve done a total u-turn on Tempo now, but haven’t really revisited the rest of the album since it got released

I love that they are still trying to push Juice despite the recent success of Truth Hurts:

A Chromeo-esque groove. :disco:

I can't really get into Truth Hurts. She has such a shouty way of singing that the melodies just seem to get lost. Juice is still the only one I'm here for and even that is a bit much sometimes

Well she totally brought it with this perf :D

Got tickets to see her in London in November :disco:

Seems they're going with (the 2 year old) Good As Hell for the new single :D

It deserves its moment though :disco:

After my initial disappointment at there being nothing else like Juice on the album, it has really grown on me.

Like A Girl really deserves to be a single. Maybe it will be in 2 years.

That said, I do enjoy Good As Hell so I’m okay with them promoting that.

Just seen she has finally gone top 10 in the UK. Good As Hell is no.7 after 14 weeks. Overdue.

She was sensational. Talk about having the audience in the palm of her hands. She was really going for it, her voice was brilliant, her flute playing was :disco: and the twerking made me want to get some Mutya style implants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom