Locomotion or The Loco-Motion

I prefer:

• Total voters

Eddie

User
I don't think we've had this before. Inspired by the aforementioned podcast, which version does Moopy prefer?

Locomotion (1987):

The Loco-Motion (1988):

Last edited:
The much poppier 1988 version obviously.

No mention of the 100 other versions? TOOT TOOT BEEP BEEP

We don't have any Aussie posters do we? It'd be interesting to learn what their take would be.

She did actually ORIGINALLY record a big band version of the song - this was COMPLETELY NEW information to me. :o

Last edited:
Also the vocals for the song were laid down in 1986 and Mike Duffy merely reused them for his version in 1987.

My take isn’t very interesting (shocking, I know) as I wasn’t around for the first release and got to know the early stuff from comps like Ultimate Kylie that used the UK mix, so the original Australian version sounds a bit odd and unfamiliar to me

I’m not sure anyone would guess based on the recording alone that the Australian mix would be the biggest single of the decade, her star power was truly insane

On an unrelated note, who knew that Kylie was moonlighting as a female bodybuilder at the time:

:o :D

My take isn’t very interesting (shocking, I know) as I wasn’t around for the first release and got to know the early stuff from comps like Ultimate Kylie that used the UK mix, so the original Australian version sounds a bit odd and unfamiliar to me
What a diplomatic way of saying "I'm not an AGED fuck like yous".

Going for the Australian version based on the audio quality of that youtube video. You have to be kidding me the official video has such a terrible audio, are you serious?

Both awful, I know why she does but I wish she’d stop dragging it into every live show. Or at least she has any time I’ve seen her.

Both awful, I know why she does but I wish she’d stop dragging it into every live show. Or at least she has any time I’ve seen her.
Imagine the basics' outrage if they pay up for Kylie and don't get it.

I'm at ease with it, because I know she has to pander to all of her audience, who contary to our little bubble is more than just GAYS. Although she could have easily dropped it for Brighton Pride, but I think was pretty pleased with the Bad Girls reworking.

I think the Bad Girls reworking is inspired actually and I genuinely don't resent her for including it as her staple. It was her first single FFS. It is arguably more important than I Should Be So Lucky.

I think the Bad Girls reworking is inspired actually and I genuinely don't resent her for including it as her staple. It was her first single FFS. It is arguably more important than I Should Be So Lucky.
It was fun. The hideously drunk audience loved it.

For British audiences I Should Be So Lucky was her first hit and by far one of her biggest.

It was fun. The hideously drunk audience loved it.

For British audiences I Should Be So Lucky was her first hit and by far one of her biggest.
She wouldn't have recorded I Should Be So Lucky were it not for Locomotion though.

I don't hate the Australian version. In fact I quite like it now (hated it when I was younger).

The later version, obviously. But I wouldn't choose to listen to either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom