London Grammar - Californian Soil (3rd album)

Jark

User
new era kicking off Wednesday :disco: I'm so ready!

it's been a hot minute since I had a London Grammar MOMENT but that's my tomorrow sorted!

It’s doing nothing for me. Verrrry weak melody. Yeah, she sounds great and the production is on trend, but it’s not much of a song. It doesn’t give me the chills like their early stuff did.

agreed that melodically it's far from their strongest and not that interesting but the production is gorgeous and it's a nice change of pace for them. as a re-intro I'm HAPPY

Fuck I absolutely love it.

I can see that’s it not their usual style but I think they must have wanted something radio friendly to kick start the campaign. “Rooting For You” was epic and beautiful and one of their best but it didn’t do much for them. And they deserve a proper hit.

it’s more in line with “Wasting My Young Years” which is a big fan favourite

new single Californian Soil

I like it and appreciate the change of pace but I think I need some time with this one. I grew to really enjoy Baby It's You.

@funky @HeLikedTurner @northernlad @FetchFugly @ameraal

album of the same name coming February
BLACKLPSIGNED_1024x1024@2x.png

INSTANT LOVE

omg these guys.

it sounds like a hundred other things but also completely different to everything else right now, at the same time.

And those STRINGS :o

I'm hoping there'll be something on par with Oh Woman Oh Man. that's my favourite London Grammar song to date (except, of course, for Help Me Lose My Mind, if that counts). I loved the warmer, woozier sonic exploration of album two.

new one

well. beautiful visuals I guess.

album also pushed back to APRIL. can't say my excitement is exactly at fever pitch

Oh it’s a bit synthwave (because why not)

her voice is just ridiculous. She can sing anything.

On first listen that is rather good. I kind of checked out with the second album but will give them another go this time round.

I'm finding this is a bit basic on first listen. I'm really not warming to this era - the songs feel quite lacking to me. Dying for another Rooting For You...

I've loved all the new songs so far. This is the latest one. Let's hope the album FINALLY comes out on Friday.

I think I hate America. one melody is lifted straight from Mad World, it takes me right out of it.

it's sad how this whole album leaves me cold. I just feel like nothing is that epic or emotional.

There definitely hasn't been an 11/10 moment yet but I'd liked or loved everything so far. I'm just waiting for one or two epic tracks that they're saving for the album I'm SURE

Although America isn't great it's more along their less-commercial lines and I'm hoping that the album will be more like that. I'm OK with the three poppier tracks so far to support the album but the rest of the album needs to be for the FANZ

OK on second listen I Need the Night is tearing my buss a bitsy. All My Love is my favourite song on the album - it's gorge. I love it when they take their sweet time with the melodies (although the general more upbeat nature of this record is an appreciated change of pace).

Title track is great too obv, even if it's a bit of an Oh Woman Oh Man redux, and Lose My Head suddenly announced itself to me today as boppery. From nowhere now I'm excited to spend more time with this record.

I ended up loving all the pre-release songs, so I'm just getting to grips with the album tracks. Overall I'm loving it though! A bit perturbed by the (intentional)crackling in the Intro and All My Love, but they're such beautiful songs. I think I'll end up loving this record!

I haven't played the album in full yet but Lord It's a Feeling stood out on the NMF playlists. A more upbeat album from them sounds like a good thing.

Loving this the more I listen to it. By the way, they're performing the full album on YouTube tonight at 7PM BST!

They also confirmed on Sunday Brunch earlier, that they're well into recording their fourth album already. This one was ready to go a year ago, so they just carried on working!

Still haven’t listened to this yet! But I will

I imagine they’ll be #1 on the midweeks tomorrow - by how much remains to be seen

need to watch the livestream later, but I've listened to this album in full every day since release and it's super strong front to back.

All My Love is truly TRANSPORTING me.

So I’m totally loving the album and I don’t know why I expected any different. Missing is my early favourite. It’s not as upbeat as I expected it to be, it still sounds like a London Grammar album, and that’s not a bad thing at all. The lyrics jumped out at me more this time, she’s seems to be more biting and honest than would usually come across...

25k so looking at 30-33k first week probably. Vinyl obsessive fanbases strike again!

the PERF of All My Love at 33 mins in sent me into a TRANCE. you can tell it's their fave to perform. it's magical.

31k first week.

Lately I've been thinking that Rooting For You is one of my favourite songs of the decade.

the album held at #2 second week (with 6.6k, sales are in the dirt) and How Does It Feel climbed 7 spots to 67. I've been listening daily, it's holding up as a really great record. the sequencing and 4 minute song lengths make it feel like a breeze. Missing, All My Love and I Need the Night are kind of owning my life right now :disco:

It really is a great album. And I've only listened a couple times. Missing is my fave, but Lord It's A Feeling sounds ten times better as part of the album too

I did and it was so boring. Their first album as okay but this is just a snoozefest. More boring than Florence & The Machine (RIP).

Sorry hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom