2021 Mayoral and Local Elections

10k really does eliminate a lot of people.

It's a lot lower at the General Election isn't it?

What does the Fox say?

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

And to be fair, Sadiq hasn't been exceptional in terms of doing as much billboard stuff as Ken Livingstone, but he's done some quietly impressive stuff. Notching up something like this on his number one priority - air pollution - is genuinely really positive.
And yet he approves of the upcoming Silvertown Tunnel which will be disastrous for pollution.

And yet he approves of the upcoming Silvertown Tunnel which will be disastrous for pollution.
Although the expansion of the Ultra Low Emission Zone into the suburbs is a counterbalance to that in terms of putting off polluting vehicles...

Although the expansion of the Ultra Low Emission Zone into the suburbs is a counterbalance to that in terms of putting off polluting vehicles...
True. The expansion of ULEZ can’t come quickly enough. I live in a highly polluted and congested area, right near the Blackwall Tunnel. Silvertown will just make it worse.

After nothing last year, we're really being spoilt for elections this year!
I know Wales aren't counting in their election until the Friday, but I'm really hoping we get a PROPER FUCKING ELECTION RESULTS NIGHT (or at least a PROPER FUCKING ELECTION RESULTS DAY on the Friday) what with London, Wales, Scotland, all the county councils, *and* so many local authorities as well (I think possibly all of them except London and I think Scotland?)

Also that Brian guy has bought up EVERY SINGLE ADVERT POSSIBLE in my DIGITAL FOOTPRINT. Clearly his SEGMENTATION is working WELL with his "London gays looking for DADDY" :eyes:

He has 1.6 MILLION followers on Instagram :D and about three people actually engaging with his content. His SOCIAL MEDIA HOCUSPOCKERY is RATHER TRANSPARENT!

Basically no big names like Justine Greening wanted to run because they thought Sadiq would stroll it, and given Shaun Bailey appealed to a lot of the Tory base's prejudices under May (pro-Brexit, socially conservative) as well as having a background they thought might make that message more appealing to Londoners from a Tory candidate, I think a lot of them overlooked just how dreadful he really is.
OMG he’s our own SARAH PALIN!

Just got my booklet about the elections. No Drillminister or Count Binface :( However for the London-wide Assembly there is a Londependence party :disco:

I LIED! Count Binface IS on the list. I obviously CAN'T READ.

I can't see Drillminister mentioned anywhere although his Twitter suggests he is still running. Confusing.

That's London Bridge at #1! But yes I'd be happy for that swap. And I would like it fucking repaired.

I've decided I'm going to vote for a fringe candidate as first choice, but I haven't decided who yet.

(Sadiq second choice of course, just to make sure).

Ok we don’t have a thread for the council elections and I hardly DOUBT we’ll need one but I’ve just realised that Derbyshire is actually the big council race the media are watching in England :o

Its a good job someone gave them a vote for Labour the other day x

The alternative was the Lib Dems, Reform and Conservative - the candidate of the latter being one of the Karen-like mums who had a kid at my school and was a right SOUR CUNT.

I’ve decided I’m actually going to vote Green in my council election. It’s a LAB/Green marginal and the Green guy has been trying for years, seems like a good guy. The Labour counciller only seems to show his face when there’s an election on, and honestly Labour could use a bit of a scare from the left, rather than the right.

Still voting for Corrie Queen Tracy Brabin in the West Yorkshire Mayoral though.

In the Greater Manchester Mayoral Election (sorry to hijack the London thread) there was supposed to be an Independent called Michael Elston. Turns out that Michael didn't fill his paperwork in properly so isn't on the vote anymore (he's blaming beaurocratic error because he missed the voting numbers of his nominees off the form) but here's what his leaflet (posted through our door today) says.
If elected, Michael Elston will:
rescind all fines issued against residents of Greater Manchester
prohibit bailiffs from operating in Greater Manchester
ensure that everyone in Greater Manchester can watch TV without having to pay for a TV Licence
overturn any magistrates' court or county court judgement issued against a defendant who has not been informed that the trial is taking place, who has not been given sufficient time to find legal representation, or without a trial having taken place at all

Clearly there wasn't room on his pamphlet for the "free unicorn for everybody in Greater Manchester" promise.

In the Greater Manchester Mayoral Election (sorry to hijack the London thread) there was supposed to be an Independent called Michael Elston. Turns out that Michael didn't fill his paperwork in properly so isn't on the vote anymore (he's blaming beaurocratic error because he missed the voting numbers of his nominees off the form) but here's what his leaflet (posted through our door today) says.
If elected, Michael Elston will:
rescind all fines issued against residents of Greater Manchester
prohibit bailiffs from operating in Greater Manchester
ensure that everyone in Greater Manchester can watch TV without having to pay for a TV Licence
overturn any magistrates' court or county court judgement issued against a defendant who has not been informed that the trial is taking place, who has not been given sufficient time to find legal representation, or without a trial having taken place at all

Clearly there wasn't room on his pamphlet for the "free unicorn for everybody in Greater Manchester" promise.

Oh we got his leaflet through the door :D
Utterly bizarre ! :D

I haven’t :(

I mean I voted in Derbyshire but STILL

I've updated the thread title to be inclusive of those not in the centre of the universe :)
If I catch anyone posting Scottish Election stuff in this "local" thread instead of the separate, independent thread, action will be taken.

free freedom GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom