"Looking For Mercy"

It's been in my head all day.

I think some of the reviews highlighted it as a, er, 'low'light because of banal lyrics or something but I couldn't disagree more. One of my favourites and although I can see why it's been relegated to the deluxe CD edition I'm glad it's on the vinyl and proper streaming editions. It give me Like a Prayer-era vibes, particularly vocally. I really like it. It's nice to have a conventional, frill-free proper "Madonna ballad" on the album.. and those sweeping strings.. oh my.

Strong vocals and I do like the verses, but I find the chorus a bit clunky and repetitive. I really like it, just not one of my favourites. There's something rather inelegant about it.

My least favourite on the album. I just find it boring and repetitive on the whole.

The "please don't criticize, please, please, sympathise" bits sound very vulnerable. These kind of moments are the best on the album.

I’m glad people like this but this is also my least favourite on the album. Predict a text style lyrics, pedestrian production. It’s like someone read a book how to write a moving personal song but can’t quite do it.

I’m glad people like this but this is also my least favourite on the album. Predict a text style lyrics, pedestrian production. It’s like someone read a book how to write a moving personal song but can’t quite do it.

Exactly. Starrah is not quite the tea when it comes to elegant, sophisticated melodies. Her songs are nice, but quite PEDESTRIAN.

Me when I listen to this song:

tenor.gif

Please don't criticize. Yeah.

I'm off to listen to this now. I should really run a bath and mumble on video about how humble signing for Amazon parcels with disposable gloves on has made me.

I love this song again now. I have such a love hate relationship with it. So strange.

@OutSynk and I can't really do A2A to it but it's ok.

I'm determined to get this topic to two pages.

It's probably one of her most bland / 'voice of an angle' type ballads.

Wouldn't sound out of place on a Mel C album.

I'm determined to get this topic to two pages.

It's probably one of her most bland / 'voice of an angle' type ballads.

Wouldn't sound out of place on a Mel C album.

And to think you were saying it had Like A Prayer vibes last year.

If somebody was inspired by this thread to play this as a song to “sample” Madame X they wouldn’t spend a second more with the album.

And to think you were saying it had Like A Prayer vibes last year.
[Maureen McFarland] I don't remember that. See what happens you do drugs*? I mean, you lose a lot of stuff![/Maureen McFarland]

* red wine in my case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom