Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
Perhaps, I'm PUSHING IT a bit since it is only three years old this year, but it does already feel a bit of one of the best slept on classic pop albums of the 2010s at this point.

Lorde_-_Melodrama.png

Green Light
Sober
Homemade Dynamite
The Louvre
Liability/Liability Reprise
Hard Feelings/Loveless
Sober II/Melodrama'
Writer in the Dark
Supercut
Perfect Places

09 Green Light
08 Sober
09 Homemade Dynamite
10 The Louvre
06 Liability/Liability Reprise
09 Hard Feelings/Loveless
07 Sober II/Melodrama'
07 Writer in the Dark
08 Supercut
10 Perfect Places

10 Green Light
08 Sober
10 Homemade Dynamite
10 The Louvre
07 Liability/Liability Reprise
08 Sober II/Melodrama'
08 Writer in the Dark
10 Supercut
10 Perfect Places

One of my favourite albums of the decade, for sure.

It’s okay. Never got the hype at the moment despite repeated listens. I’ll try and give it another go, it’s been a while since I’ve had a Surrey U Turn.

this casual masterpiece turns four TODAY!

I'll have a listen + rate later

lately I have been obsessed with this slinky disco remix of Green Light

Easily in the top 5 albums of the last decade.

I was a little astonished to see just HOW big it had got over the years - over 2.5 billion Spotify streams on just one album alone!

09 Green Light
09 Sober
10 Homemade Dynamite
10 The Louvre
10 Liability/Liability Reprise
07 Sober II/Melodrama'
12 Writer in the Dark
10 Supercut
11 Perfect Places

Almost a perfect album

10. 10. 10. WHAT a record.

Hard Feelings is truly that bitch. the delightful instrumentation, the hooks, the lyricism... it's all so masterful. I just love her so much.

I still remember everything
how we'd drift buying groceries
how you'd dance for me
I start letting go of little things
'til I'm so far away from you
far away from you, yeah

:disco:

the definitive alt-gay pop classic of the latter half of the decade. sorry Carly.

It’s okay. Never got the hype at the moment despite repeated listens. I’ll try and give it another go, it’s been a while since I’ve had a Surrey U Turn.
Never re-posted but as you might all expect - massive Suedey U Turn on this one. Of course it's fantastic.

I wouldn't call it "pitting women against one another" to observe that one seminal pop album has endured much better than another, mother Suedette. art can be compared!

I wouldn't call it "pitting women against one another" to observe that one seminal pop album has endured much better than another, mother Suedette. art can be compared!
Truly I wouldn't compare the two ever.

If I were to compare Lorde to anyone I guess it would be her pal TayTay. Carly Rae inhabits a different sphere but if I were to compare her to anyone I guess it would probably be Robyn.

Whichever way one slices it though, apples & oranges never tasted so good. And that's that.

But if @Jark is specifically pitting Melodrama against E-Mo-Tion then, no and no. Two great albums in totally different ways.

Reactions: RJN
e•mo•tion and Melodrama are so different as to verge on incomparable. It's like asking me to compare a wild night out which ended in a perfect fun weekend romance with making a therapy breakthrough that had taken me years and then writing the greatest poem I'd ever done after - they're both perfect in such different ways

e•mo•tion and Melodrama are so different as to verge on incomparable. It's like asking me to compare a wild night out which ended in a perfect fun weekend romance with making a therapy breakthrough that had taken me years and then writing the greatest poem I'd ever done after - they're both perfect in such different ways
But how would you compare those experiences with being a rich white woman in California?

5th birthday yesterday. :disco:

I adore this album even more after finally witnessing Green Light, Supercut and Perfect Places live. a most pleasing moment in my career!

• Love
Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom