Loreen - General Chat

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
Another new single. Album coming out next month.

Emotional mumbling. I think I love this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zu
So I pretty much lost patience with Loreen this year, and the grainy cover art/shaved head look/lack of Statements on the tracklist caused be to not even bother with the new album. (I'm not alone, it charted at #31 for a week in Sweden - OUCH!)

However in a last minute bid to enjoy some new music in 2017, I gave it a chance today and it's actually really good! Emotional mumbling about sums it up, and there's certainly no Euphoria on there, but it's far better than the tune-free stoner fest I feared.

I really must get round to listening to the whole album because this really is tremendous (and also I really like her shaved head look) :disco:

Oh for an alternate universe where this woman is a HUGE HUGE STAR :argh:

LO TOP FIVE or whatever it is in Swedish (mind you, might catch something nasty off Lena Ph so I’ll stick to the Anglais ta)

1. I’m In It With You - Yes, EVEN BETTER THAN EUPHORIA
2. My Heart Is Refusing Me - Yes, EVEN BETTER THAN EUPHORIA
3. Euphoria - JUST AS GOOD AS EUPHORIA
4. Jupiter Drive
5. Statements - PTSD and heroin addiction notwithstanding :disco:

Am having a listen to ‘Under Ytan’ and am reminded that that’s really fabulous as well

Oh LO you do spoil us (well, the three or four of us who are taking any notice) :disco:

Reactions: Hak
I just ventured into iTunes to give the album a play for the first time since I bought it in February and I seem to have rated everything FIVE STARS :D

Either I was in an unusually generous mood that day or it actually the second coming (in AAC form). Let's see.

Oh, I've noticed that one of the tracks is co-written by Duvchi. I loved his "With The World" album (When The Winter is particularly :disco:) so HOPES are HIGH.

I just ventured into iTunes to give the album a play for the first time since I bought it in February and I seem to have rated everything FIVE STARS :D

Either I was in an unusually generous mood that day or it actually the second coming (in AAC form). Let's see.

Oh, I've noticed that one of the tracks is co-written by Duvchi. I loved his "With The World" album (When The Winter is particularly :disco:) so HOPES are HIGH.
So are you going to give us an update or are you stuck listening to this grand mastermash of primal screams?

MORE LOREEN CHAT PLEASE

Tell us about your hopes and dreams for a world-shattering comeback or perhaps a new album, but don’t forget to temper expectations by about 99.76579% because she will of course be far too busy lying down with her eyes rolling after yet another delivery of hot delicious goods from the Queen of Chinatown :disco:

She lives!

Starts off quite dull but it does eventually kick into gear a bit.

Reactions: Zu
Oh I really do Walk With Me!

Welcome back hun. Have a joint on me!

I wasn't overly enthralled at the prospect of a Loreen return but this is really good.

I’m so pleased she’s still at it despite (inexplicable) universal disinterest. I especially love the consistency in her work, which I suspect has a lot to do with the keys she uses. (Miserable ones :disco:) And that voice is fantastic. Stoned mumbling and all

I’ve now listened to this on headphones and I do declare it to be my #2 of 2019 (after Hatari). Just as intense as ‘I’m In It With You’ and that was easily my favourite single of whichever year it was

GOD I LOVE THIS WOMAN

It occurs to me (having played this more or less non-stop today) that Queen Loreen works herself up into quite the Sia-esque frenzy (and not for the first time) in the last 70 seconds in that excitingly BLOODY sort of way

We’ve found a golden window here
The one where COLOURS SHOW :(:disco:

I don’t know what on EARTH is going on here :side-eye:

What happened to the lovely new blonde look? How has her hair grown back so fast, and with a distinct air of GREAZY? Why is she doing that awful thing with the vocals? And who exactly invited The Kelly Family to offer their services to STYLING OCH CONSULTING?

Last edited:
Repeat plays confirm that Walk With Me is STILL FUCKING AMAZING :weed:

Presumably the limit of its chart success has been #278 in Latvia or some such. Perhaps the sound, keys, etc. are a bit too particular or MUCH? Not that I’m suggesting that she do anything different ever I MEAN DEAR GOD

I do wonder what she does for money (and opiates) but presumably she can get the odd £50K here and there for performing ‘Euphoria’ (and her many international hits) in a bra for oligarchs? Eurovisionistas in the know to confirm the likelihood of this please

The audience interaction is something else.

"What do you want me to sing?"
"EUPHORIA!!!"
"....This song is called Paper Light. It's actually pretty hip hop."

WHAT A RANCID CUNT. :D

p.s. whoever edited the vid in my original post, that GUFF was NOT the emotional mumbling I had in mind. :oi:

The audience interaction is something else.

"What do you want me to sing?"
"EUPHORIA!!!"
"....This song is called Paper Light. It's actually pretty hip hop."

WHAT A RANCID CUNT. :D

Well she DID IT IN THE END! Actually I was quite worried that she might wheel out that bizarre thing which the Swedes got on Saturday but the Swedes get what they deserve and so, clearly, do the Romanians :disco:

She really IS baked out of her tree isn't she :D But still managed to bring the vocals :disco:

How on EARTH did they get her to agree to basically do a MINI GIG at the Romanian national final :D
How on EARTH did they get her to basically perform the songs AS THEY ARE MEANT TO SOUND :D
Who on EARTH dressed her?! :D

:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom