Los Del Rio - Macarena

HEYY MACARENA

• Total voters
Nearly broke my leg running in here to give this an immediate and unconditional TEN

Now, come on?
What was I supposed to do?
He was out of town...
And his two friends were sooooo FINE

*geriatric swaying*

I was 6 or so when this came out, the perfect age to be forced to do the dance constantly and I never thought much about the song by itself. But then as an adult something changed within me and I realised that, removed from the dance, this is an absolute bop and a half

I seriously listen to it very often and get my life every time

Also every woman in the video is a complete icon and I wish them nothing but prosperity in their lives

Last edited:
I feel this unquestionable bop needs a full renaissance. Why has it not smashed on TikTok?

I don't hate it exactly, but I hardly even see it as a song

I'd rather listen to the Cotten Eye Joe any day

It’s something I only ever hear at a shit wedding/family party.

Yeah I was just gonna say, it's fun but only a few times a year at weddings and hens nights.

It’s something I only ever hear at a shit wedding/family party.

I would die to go to a shit wedding/family party right now

Macarena/Cotton Eye Joe/Cha Cha Slide/Cupid Shuffle marathon

I love this song because it brings back so many nostalgic memories.

90's "shit wedding/family party" rank.

01. Saturday Night - Whigfield
02. Aqua - Barbie Girl
03. Los Del Rio - Macarena

Did they even bother releasing a follow-up single?

That's CUTE. They've been around since the SIXTIES and they're still going! They were very well-known in Spain way before the Anglo world caught up with them.

Oh I know, but I can't find anything on Wiki to suggest they released another single in English-speaking territories, aside from re-recordings of The Macarena. That's an unusually pure form of one-hit wonderdom.

I'm surprised the producers weren't Motiv8 levels of in demand from all the usuals, but perhaps after G there was nowhere else to go but rock bottom:

Back to Macarena, I loved the dancer and remember being excited for Wes's Alane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom