Love Generation - Dance Alone

Dance alone..?

• Total voters
A song originally intended to WALK Melodifestivalen...?
It really felt like the inital HUGE FAVE, that had the wheels fall COMPLETELY OFF the second it faltered and got shunted off to AC :D

For what it's worth, I think this would have fared much better than Malena at Eurovision.

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Devil

I Need A House
Not the best performance, but an utter 12/10 pop track if ever there was one. Red One on POINT :disco:

David 5000

I'll dance alone
One of my favourite Eurovision-adjacent songs of all time. It's been my custom title on this forum for years now.

Kevin

Niet meer zo lang geleden
I still love it. Wasn’t it in 2011 though? It would not have done better than Popular.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Just realised I actually saw this LIVE! It was in some side gig In Malmö, I think it might have just been them and Eddie Razaz :horny:

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
One of the greatest MF songs of all time for me. I still play it loads and it’s still on my gym playlist.

The performance derailed it- it lost nearly all of its energy and the vocals weren’t the best. But yes, it would have done better than Malena, but that was one of the most misguided Swedish Eurovision entries ever for me, so...

Sheena

And it was the obvious “designated” winner that year, until the heat.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
The Swedish public voted. AND IT VOTED FOR LINDA BENGTZING IN A CANARY YELLOW COSTUME SINGING ABOUT A MAN WHO CAN EMPTY HER DISHWASHER.

Case closed.

But honestly, great song - ropey performance. And of course, they were also victims of the great schlager massacre of Sundsvall 10 years ago.

VoR

Take it or leave it
I remember the rumours about Christer Björkman being incandescent with fury after Linda won the heat and cast them into AC. :D

Well she had the better song and performance, sorry!

Sheena

I never believed that Christer story. Linda was an obvious threat who was always likely to go through- she’d sailed into the final on her previous attempt, she’d sorted out any issues she’d had with live performance by this point in her career and it WAS a good song. She was a likely qualifier, so I don’t see how he’d ever have thought that...

VoR

Take it or leave it
He has made no secret that he’s not a fan of hers though. He complained at the time that all her songs sound the same (Christer love, that’s the POINT!) and she’s been conspicuously absent from this year’s Björkman-era love-in...

Sheena

Oh absolutely, but I still don’t think it’s the GAY DRAMA it’s made out to be- he has enough power to keep her out if he felt that bad about it all.

Suomi

User
I think he really likes her! She turned up at the QX tribute to him

and she’s talked before about the great advice he’s given her. I think he just thinks she’s a bit ridiculous.

VoR

Take it or leave it
That medley is 15 minutes of PURE JOY, but Love Generation really stick out like a sore thumb as by far the ropiest of the bunch :D

Haiku

User
Given how weak it was as a Semi-Final (BAR SHIRLEY AND ERIC and to a lesser extent Linda Sundblad), I never got why Bjorkman didn't just put them in SF3 instead of Eric in SF4, they would've breezed through me thinks.

Then again, the possibility of a Top Cats and Sara Varga DTF result would've been worse. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom