Love Generation - Dance Alone

Dance alone..?

• Total voters
A song originally intended to WALK Melodifestivalen...?
It really felt like the inital HUGE FAVE, that had the wheels fall COMPLETELY OFF the second it faltered and got shunted off to AC :D

For what it's worth, I think this would have fared much better than Malena at Eurovision.

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Not the best performance, but an utter 12/10 pop track if ever there was one. Red One on POINT :disco:

One of my favourite Eurovision-adjacent songs of all time. It's been my custom title on this forum for years now.

I still love it. Wasn’t it in 2011 though? It would not have done better than Popular.

Just realised I actually saw this LIVE! It was in some side gig In Malmö, I think it might have just been them and Eddie Razaz :horny:

One of the greatest MF songs of all time for me. I still play it loads and it’s still on my gym playlist.

The performance derailed it- it lost nearly all of its energy and the vocals weren’t the best. But yes, it would have done better than Malena, but that was one of the most misguided Swedish Eurovision entries ever for me, so...

I never believed that Christer story. Linda was an obvious threat who was always likely to go through- she’d sailed into the final on her previous attempt, she’d sorted out any issues she’d had with live performance by this point in her career and it WAS a good song. She was a likely qualifier, so I don’t see how he’d ever have thought that...

He has made no secret that he’s not a fan of hers though. He complained at the time that all her songs sound the same (Christer love, that’s the POINT!) and she’s been conspicuously absent from this year’s Björkman-era love-in...

Oh absolutely, but I still don’t think it’s the GAY DRAMA it’s made out to be- he has enough power to keep her out if he felt that bad about it all.

I think he really likes her! She turned up at the QX tribute to him

and she’s talked before about the great advice he’s given her. I think he just thinks she’s a bit ridiculous.

Given how weak it was as a Semi-Final (BAR SHIRLEY AND ERIC and to a lesser extent Linda Sundblad), I never got why Bjorkman didn't just put them in SF3 instead of Eric in SF4, they would've breezed through me thinks.

Then again, the possibility of a Top Cats and Sara Varga DTF result would've been worse. :angry:

OMG my memory has been jogged, I think that gig I watched may have been the LAST Love Generation gig, I think they announced it there

OMG my memory has been jogged, I think that gig I watched may have been the LAST Love Generation gig, I think they announced it there
No it was the first Stockholm Syndrome gig.

I don't really get how the performance could have been much better - I mean, they were a ropey girlband. How much more ILLUMINATING on stage were people expecting :D

Personally, I think the Swedes saw a product being PUSHED, and hated them and the song because of it :(

This was always great. If you want a good girlgroup before this date at Melodifestivalen it really is SLIM PICKINS.

From the original OGs, Excellence, the first ever song of modern Melfest, with vocals so shocking the YouTube uploader has deigned to put a recorded studio version over the top:

to BUBBLES, a group aimed at the YOUTH, with vocals so shocking the YouTube uploader has deigned to put a recorded studio version over the top:

to COSMO4, a group aimed at the GAYS, with a song and performance so iconic that people at the time just assumed it was a random international interval act, such is the star power of Cosmo4:

to FACE84, a group for bottoms with low self-confidence:

to TIMOTEIJ, a group so ready for a Eurovision top 5 that Sweden couldn’t resist placing outside the top 4. App voters <50 years old are taught about this historic mistake each year both in school and on work training programmes to ensure that Anna Bergendahl can’t do what she did that year again

sidenote: many of these people are dead now

The truth is that PAY TV are the greatest Melodifestivalen girlband ever, from the iconoclastic TRENDY DISCOTHEQUE (“We think the poor are BORING/they can’t afford to PARTY”)

to the too-on-the-nose record company political commentary of REFRAIN REFRAIN

to the rejected-for-being-too-statements before statements FASHION REPORT

I simply cannot rave enough!
948C1F5D-EFA1-4E63-96E2-BD2F640B9BF9.jpeg

This was always great. If you want a good girlgroup before this date at Melodifestivalen it really is SLIM PICKINS.

From the original OGs, Excellence, the first ever song of modern Melfest, with vocals so shocking the YouTube uploader has deigned to put a recorded studio version over the top:

to BUBBLES, a group aimed at the YOUTH, with vocals so shocking the YouTube uploader has deigned to put a recorded studio version over the top:

to COSMO4, a group aimed at the GAYS, with a song and performance so iconic that people at the time just assumed it was a random international interval act, such is the star power of Cosmo4:

to FACE84, a group for bottoms with low self-confidence:

to TIMOTEIJ, a group so ready for a Eurovision top 5 that Sweden couldn’t resist placing outside the top 4. App voters <50 years old are taught about this historic mistake each year both in school and on work training programmes to ensure that Anna Bergendahl can’t do what she did that year again

sidenote: many of these people are dead now

I am of course SMILING IN LOVE at this post :hostage:

The truth is that PAY TV are the greatest Melodifestivalen girlband ever, from the iconoclastic TRENDY DISCOTHEQUE (“We think the poor are BORING/they can’t afford to PARTY”)

Honestly TOO ICONIC and ALWAYS WILL BE!

Can confirm I've heard this at a couple of ALTERNATIVE GAY NIGHTS in the UK over the years (when I say a couple, I mean two) : BREAKOUT SMASH! :disco:

Not sending Kom was FUCKING INSANITY

Eastern Europeans would have been instantly entranced by the accordion she was pretending to play and Greek and Spanish dads would have wanted to sniff their panties so ALL VOTING DEMOGRAPHICS COVERED!

Also :D at Swedes being “taught about this historic mistake each year both in school and on work training programmes” :disco:

Is it just me who marginally prefers Refrain Refrain to Trendy Discotheque? Not necessarily the live version, mind :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom