Love Island 2022

Rita

User
Your summer starts RIGHT HERE Moopy.

Love Island returns Monday 6th June at 9pm. :disco:

Let’s meet this years contestants

Tasha Ghouri, 23

skynews-love-island-tasha-ghouri_5788768.jpg

Model and dancer Ghouri, from Thirsk, North Yorkshire, is the show's first deaf contestant.

The self-proclaimed "party animal" has a cochlear implant and said she hopes to find "the one" as she feels her dating life is a "shambles".

She said her friends and family would say she is "inspirational" because of her hearing challenges and cochlear implant as she is "really open about it".

Ghouri also admitted that although she is a "girls' girl" she is willing to step on some toes "in the nicest way possible" in her quest to find a man.

Davide Sanclimenti, 27

skynews-love-island-davide-sanclimenti_5788787.jpg

The businessman from Rome - who now lives in Manchester - has promised to bring his "Italian charm" to the villa.

"I'm good-looking and I've realised, since I first arrived in Manchester, a lot of English girls actually love me," he said.

"They love to be around me and I love to be around them."

He too is searching for his "soulmate" and a serious relationship - someone he can "actually build something in the future, grow with them, be a family".

"My biggest dream is to find someone I can spend the rest of my life with," he added.

Gemma Owen, 19

skynews-love-island-gemma-owen_5788774.jpg

Owen said she is competitive like her former professional footballer father, Michael - who played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and for England in the 1998, 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

She said: "I will always go for what I want. But, at the same time, I'm not going to mess up something for someone who is in a proper relationship or get in the way of a couple if they have a genuine connection.

"I wouldn't do anything to another girl that I wouldn't be happy with them doing to me."

She has competed for Great Britain in dressage since she was aged 11.

Dami Hope, 26

skynews-love-island-dami-hope_5788770.jpg

The senior microbiologist from Dublin is also hoping to find love in the villa.

He said he is taking part because he wants to be "more open to new things".

"Love Island is a different experience. I will be talking to different girls, it might not go well with some, might go well with others, so it's a fun experience," he said.

Paige Thorne, 24

skynews-love-island-paige-thorne_5788766.jpg

The paramedic said she will bring lots of "positive energy" to the villa, and is "quite mumsy" and also "a good cook".

She has struggled to find a partner in her hometown of Swansea in South Wales.

"I need to break out and broaden my horizons, and Love Island just brings everyone together for me," she said.

She added: "I came out of a relationship and I was just so done with guys so was like, 'Right, that's it. I'm going to focus on me'. Then I was like, 'Ok, I'm bored now, I'm lonely and I miss love and the connection and everything else'."

Liam Llewellyn, 22

skynews-liam-llewellyn-love-island_5788782.jpg

The Welshman from Newport has revealed he is quite an emotional person and will wear his "heart on his sleeve" during the series.

Studying for a masters in strength and conditioning, Llewellyn said he liked to impress those he is interested in by paying them compliments like "Your eyes are piercing, I'm lost in your eyes" or "You've got nice feet".

Indiyah Polack, 23

skynews-love-island-indiyah-polack_5788780.jpg

The London-based hotel waitress said she is going to bring "a lot of flavour and vibrancy" to the show.

"I feel like I'm quite a down-to-earth person, so it shouldn't be an issue to meet a lover or a friend," she said.

"Love Island particularly is like a closed space and I think it is a great place to get to know someone one-on-one and build a real connection."

Ikenna Ekwonna, 23

skynews-love-island-ikenna-ekwonna_5788793.jpg

He has said he will bring "spontaneity and excitement" to the villa.

Ekwonna comes from Nottingham and works in pharmaceutical sales.

He has previously only been in one relationship, but now feels he is at the age to find someone to settle down with.

"I'm not really shy to speak to people and I don't really care too much about what people think."

Andrew Le Page, 27

skynews-love-island-andrew-le-page_5788791.jpg

The estate agent who is usually in a relationship said he applied to take part in the show because he is "actually single for once".

Le Page, from Guernsey, described himself as a "good boyfriend" who once surprised an ex with a spontaneous trip to Paris.

He said: "When I'm with someone I'm very loyal, I'm a good boyfriend as when I'm with someone I'm all for them."

Amber Beckford, 24

skynews-love-island-amber-beckford_5788794.jpg

The nanny, from London, said: "I think it just feels like the right time. This year it definitely feels like it's two feet in. I feel like now I'm most definitely ready, and wanting to look for a boyfriend.

"I don't like guys that show off, like flashy, showy-offy guys - just have a personality and make me laugh."

"I can definitely be opinionated so I'm not sure how that's going to go down. As I work with kids I have patience with kids but adults, they annoy me!" she added.

Luca Bish, 23

skynews-luca-bish-love-island_5788928.jpg

The fishmonger, from Brighton, is hoping to be this year's prize catch.

He said: "I came out of a four-year relationship about a year ago. I was enjoying being in a relationship, there were just things I didn't like and we drifted apart."

He also said he prefers to meet girls out and about but feels it can come across as "too desperate" if you go out looking to find a partner.

This year, the contestants will enter a new villa in Majorca because the previous property, near Sant Llorenc des Cardassar in the east of the Spanish island, is reportedly unavailable.

Laura Whitmore will return as host when the series starts on 6 June at 9pm on ITV2 and ITV Hub.

I haven’t watched the last two series (seen all the others) but I feel I want to give this year a go as it feels ages since it’s been on and the drama is usually good.

I haven’t watched the last two series (seen all the others) but I feel I want to give this year a go as it feels ages since it’s been on and the drama is usually good.

I really enjoyed last years series mainly because of Faye. It does seem a lot longer than a year since it was on screen, but that is probably more down to it being a YEAR FROM HELL.

I see this thread is BUZZING with activity after last nights opening episode. :disco:

I loved it, although I am not quite sure how much I enjoyed leaving the initial couplings down to the public. I am not sure ANY of the couples will remain together.

Isn’t Michael Owens daughter a BIT OF A BITCH? I did enjoy when her partner was grilling her on whether she has dated a professional footballer before and she got her back up yet still never admitted to who her father is.

The boys were all a bit MEH until hunky Italian Davide walked in at the end. I would have been joining the rest of the girls in scrapping for a piece no doubt.

I enjoyed it but definitely think the public choosing the couples wasn’t remotely exciting as we don’t know any of them. Davide is such a cut above the rest of the guys, who all seem to be varying degrees of MEH and THICK.

Isn’t Michael Owens daughter a BIT OF A BITCH? I did enjoy when her partner was grilling her on whether she has dated a professional footballer before and she got her back up yet still never admitted to who her father is.

I feel she has potential to be the villain, she seemed so disgusted by that fish seller guys surname :D

DAVIDE is going to be bored as fuck in there with that lot. He was already starting to glaze over last night.

I liked Michael Owen’s daughter the most. She’ll have been told to keep quiet about her famous dad until something boring and predictable like the headlines game.

Forgot all about this trash. Can't wait to catch up with a tasteful binge on Friday or Saturday (something must be in the air as I even have a date that's now in the way of this much more important commitment).

My daughter asked me how I would feel about her if she ever tried to get on it. Other than the fact she seems to be happily coupled up with a fella she has been with for over 2 years I would be ALL FOR IT. Obviously just so I could get a chance to pop in to the Villa if she made it to the end. :D

My daughter asked me how I would feel about her if she ever tried to get on it. Other than the fact she seems to be happily coupled up with a fella she has been with for over 2 years I would be ALL FOR IT. Obviously just so I could get a chance to pop in to the Villa if she made it to the end. :D
What's the point in having children if you can't whore them out for a TV cameo? :basil:

I've just put this on, but I always hate the first episode. It takes too long to get going.

I've just put this on, but I always hate the first episode. It takes too long to get going.

Yep I totally agree. The whole shebang doesn’t really get going until a fortnight in when they are all stabbing each other in the back.

Gemma is a coming across as a bitch, and i'm living for it. I hate it when they're all so nice and beige, just like Chloe last year we need someone with a bit of sass! (That said, Paige seems quite lovely)

Davide is GORGEOUS, but yes, far too sombre for this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom