Lovecraft Country

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Starting next week on HBO. Looks fantastic from the trailer and I’ve loved Jonathan Majors and Jurnee Smollett in whatever I’ve seen them in. Also Shangela has a cameo in one episode.

in terms of theme it gives me a strong Watchmen vibe (the tv show)

very much here for it! *lights black candles and prays to Cthulhu*

I loved the first episode, though I haven't got a clue where it is going to go.

I don’t watch trailers to avoid spoilers so I’m watching without even knowing what genre this is going to be.

First episode is lovely enough, and I’m already in love with Tic.

Really enjoyed this.

first ep here:

I’m enjoying this, I was expecting it to be focused on the house and the woods so it took me by surprise when it all ended but I’m glad we’re getting more of Letti’s sister next week.

I couldn't get into the second episode quite so much, but still looking forward to seeing where it goes and the introduction of Michael Kenneth Williams can only be a positive thing as he is always well worth watching.

I can’t really gauge the tone of the show with all the supernatural stuff going on. Like it works in Game of Thrones but here it just seems a bit plonked in and far fetched. But then I’m enjoying it so whatever.

of all the lovely dresses in the wardrobe and Leti chose that? I feel the show has taken a turn for the worse. I was hoping that the gothic/Lovecraftian influences would be used a bit more intellectually :david: but the second episode felt like Once Upon a Time trying to tackle the history of racism

Well, this is getting far too supernatural and ridiculous for my taste, but at least Omar showed up and it’s better than that shitshow His Dark Materials.

Episode 3 was ok, I just don’t get the direction they’re going in. It feels very quick and all over the place.

I thought the first episode was ok, but I watched the second episode and no more. It's striving for some sort of depth and importance, but it all just feels really silly and mostly generic. I really don't understand the fuss.

Episode 3 was ok, I just don’t get the direction they’re going in. It feels very quick and all over the place.

The main cast are really likeable but the show isn't clicking yet. I don't know if it is still settling down, though it isn't as if a whole host of new characters were introduced this week and it still seemed uneven.

This show wants to be so many different things at the same time. I wish it was less silly because the cast is interesting enough and it’s visually appealing.

I don't think I'll return... the first episode took off so well but it's just turned into mush

I hope people are still watching, because it does get better from around episode 4. Loved the Ruby and the Korea episodes.

Shangela and Monet Exchange have a cameo, and oop they’ve squeezed in some gay sex too in this mess of a show.

I enjoyed the first episode but it was rather all over the place. I don't know anything about it other than having read some Lovecraft, so it obviously wasn't what I was expecting :D But Johanthan Majors OH MY

I'll stick with a few more to see if it draws me in.

I think each episode should be watched rather independently, as I found trying to understand the plot made it less enjoyable.

I think each episode should be watched rather independently, as I found trying to understand the plot made it less enjoyable.

that's actually a very good point

well, gay sex, I guess I have to resume watching now, don't I...

But realistically speaking; don’t expect much at all. It was just random how it suddenly was there.

Haven't read the thread as I have a few episodes left, but once I got a handle on what was going on in this (ep 4 onwards) I've really started to enjoy it.

The body horror in eps 5 and 6 is SOMETHING ELSE

The mid-season episodes were brilliant. The ending was fine too.

Will there be any more seasons? It doesn’t feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom